The Chess Thread (5 Viewers)

very confused
when i asked neither your queen nor knights were on the board (they weren't in my captured pile either)
i would not have captured your knight if your queen was still on board
i guess it doesn't super matter since you were well ahead anyway, but it's weird
My bad, I misunderstood your initial post...seems like a weird tech glitch. Are you playing on a computer or your phone?

phone
honestly i wondered if you were trying to make the game more competitive and i was about to feel a certain way about that
ha
Yea. I don’t want any crutches. But even more, I don’t want to play any invisible queens. Have enough time tracking what she is doing when she is waiving at me.

I’ll play in a tournament if y’all insist on having pin cushions

Alright you jackanapes, I'm in town for a bit. Anyone have an outdoor area wherein they post a bit of chess?
oddly enough, other than the guy that you pay to play in the quarter, I have never seen much of that here. That would be..

Doc Holliday | Doc holliday, Tombstone movie quotes, Tombstone movie

And as Guido mentioned, I don't think you will see it in August. How long are you in?

Kind of jammed up through Monday but I’ll see if you are still in Tuesday. And if you find a local chess park I’m curious where that would be. I haven’t seen one but it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.
I keep a set here in NOLA. We can play wherever.

I think you two should get a blanket and bring the chess set to the Fly.

Maybe pack some cheese and rosé.

Bishops have more range, but knights can trap pieces in ways that others aren't able to. I've always struggled with what I'd rather surrender first. Tough call, I think.

If grandmasters give different answers, it's definitely a tough call. I think it really just depends on your playing style or setups that you play. Seems to me like bishops are more valuable early and late (after space returns to the board), whereas knights are stronger in the middle-game, after they are developed but while there's still quite a bit of congestion on the board.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom