The Chess Thread (3 Viewers)

I agree Chuck although I’d say all knights early since they aren’t deterred as much by pawn structure. Also seems like a lot of other factors come in to play like experience of the player and opponents. It’s harder to see the board in regards to knights when you first start playing. Easy to underestimate their sneakiness.

1629647358650.jpeg

This is somewhat related but something I’ve been thinking about lately. Considering pawn structure, it seems like in order to defend themselves that they invariably almost all land on either light or dark squares. So one bishop either ends up mostly useless behind your own pawns unless you send it out early and block it’s return. So better to have that bishop out front or leave it behind to defend the back most pawns?

I agree Chuck although I’d say all knights early since they aren’t deterred as much by pawn structure. Also seems like a lot of other factors come in to play like experience of the player and opponents. It’s harder to see the board in regards to knights when you first start playing. Easy to underestimate their sneakiness.

1629647358650.jpeg

I meant really early - like with the Scholar’s Mate and such.

The knight is the only piece that cannot be blocked. A check from a knight removes 1/3 of your options: block, move, remove checking piece.

A queen and a knight working in tandem is far more powerful than a queen and a bishop.

However, as with most chess games, it's situational it depends on position and tactics.

Long term, I prefer bishops but a knight dancing all over the place can be devastating.

I had surgery today and I’m all narc’d up.

Like a wounded animal in the jungle.

i haven't been playing. i know a few people sent requests, but i think they expired.

zeetes challenged me to a 3-day game, made one move and then lost on time. 😂

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom