The Chess Thread (2 Viewers)

I occasionally play the cpu on simply chess, which was free on steam. I suck.

Interesting:

Interesting:

Idk, I tend to think she has no grounds to sue because it's a fictional account, but, I also think Netflix should have just used a fictional name.

Idk, I tend to think she has no grounds to sue because it's a fictional account, but, I also think Netflix should have just used a fictional name.

Come on Dave. A real person can’t use a fictional character to make defamatory statements and avoid liability. If Ziggy said “DaveXA molests children” it’s not like Ziggy actually said that. The Ziggy writer said that.

i’m not sure it’s actually defamatory to say that she never played chess against men in competition but she’s a real person and the characterization of her in the show is potentially grounds for defamation if the statements meet the elements of defamation. It doesn’t really matter that it’s a fictional account - she’s real and the statement was about her.

Apparently she knew about it during production and told them she objected to it.

Last edited:
Come on Dave. A real person can’t use a fictional character to make defamatory statements and avoid liability. If Ziggy said “DaveXA molests children” it’s not like Ziggy actually said that. The Ziggy writer said that.

i’m not sure it’s actually defamatory to say that she never played chess against men in competition but she’s a real person and the characterization of her in the show is potentially grounds for defamation if the statements meet the elements of defamation. It doesn’t really matter that it’s a fictional account - she’s real and the statement was about her.

Apparently she knew about it during production and told them she objected to it.
Yeah, I hadn't really thought about how fictional accounts of real people would be considered in a court of law. But I'm just wondering how she shows she suffered damages from the line.

I'm surprised she knew about it in production though. Seems like she'd have some say so in how Netflix presented her in the episode.

Wonder if they'll settle before going to court.

My last match with JRazza, he beat the New Zealand Mountain Goat mess out of me. It was no contest in VERY short order. I was actually embarrassed. It was like, I'd never seen a chess board. But this current game I got extremely lucky with a forced tempo after an exchange and I ended up 1 piece. I managed to exchange all of the way down but even up a whole piece, dude still made the game difficult. It STILL might be a draw.

My last match with JRazza, he beat the New Zealand Mountain Goat mess out of me. It was no contest in VERY short order. I was actually embarrassed. It was like, I'd never seen a chess board. But this current game I got extremely lucky with a forced tempo after an exchange and I ended up 1 piece. I managed to exchange all of the way down but even up a whole piece, dude still made the game difficult. It STILL might be a draw.
Wasn't luck bud, that was a good line and I miscalculated. After the exchange, I wanted to reposition but realized you had an excellent attack and I had no time to save it. I had to accept those forced trades and hope I can make it to a draw position. I'm not sure if it was enough. This is a tough one to play out.

this is whats so fascinating about chess to me, its not a huge playing area and there are only a handful of rules and piece movements. But that someone could see this through enough to have confidence in queen sacrifice...

The Windmill 1925

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom