Who Should Be Put Into The Ring Of Honor in 2019? (1 Viewer)

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think Jim Mora and Marques Colston should be inducted ASAP.
Before Payton, Mora was the most successful coach in Saints history at 93 wins. Had the 49ers not been so dominant, they may have gotten a Super Bowl in the early 90s.
Marques Colston would be other inductee. He is one of the cornerstones of the first Payton/Brees run of ‘06-‘11. He is currently the Saints leading receiver.

Jim Mora....Yeah yeah...He didn't win in the post season. He was conservative. He took his great players for granted. But can't deny this man gave the team respectability for short period. If it wasn't for those pesky 49ers and their Hall of Fame lineup and being in the same division, "would" of been a different story. (ironic with the woulda shoulda coulda). But any old fans will remember that 1987 season. No one remember anything else but that team. Amazing run. Credit Jim Mora and sort of credit Pope John Paul visit before the season. Some of you forgot about that one, huh?

Last edited:
Mora's got no chance of joining that select group. Colston's a longshot but certainly deserving of consideration.

Next two in will be Sean and Drew.

Keep it exclusive. I wouldn't induct anyone before Brees if it were up to me.

If I had to pick one it would be between the guys I think have the best shot at the pro football hall of fame...the only ones under consideration would be Sam Mills, Pat Swilling, and Jahri Evans.

Sam Mills should be next. Only then should we discuss anyone else.
I would be very comfortable with Marques Colston, Jahri Evans and Jim Mora. 2 other names that should receive consideration is LaRoi Glover and Deuce McAllister. Mr. Benson is a clear choice whenever they choose.

I would be very comfortable with Marques Colston, Jahri Evans and Jim Mora. 2 other names that should receive consideration is LaRoi Glover and Deuce McAllister. Mr. Benson is a clear choice whenever they choose.
Tom Benson was inducted into the Ring last season.

Jahri Evans, Marques Colston, Sam Mills, Deuce, Jim Mora, and Jim Finks seem like the best candidates. Once they retire, people like Brees, Payton, Loomis and I would argue Thomas Morstead should all be up there.

In 2005, before there was a ring of honor, the Saints planned to hang a Mills banner in the Superdome. Then along came Katrina. Regretfully this honor has been forgotten ever since. It's time for Mills to be honored in the ring.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom