Who Should Be Put Into The Ring Of Honor in 2019? (1 Viewer)

Retire the # 56515357, the greatest group of linebackers to ever live should be linked and remembered together forever!

Just a banner that says......

The Dome Patrol

Last edited:
I'd go along with it, for sure.

We were dominant against the AFC during Mora's time. I think at least one blessid playoff win might have been possible in what was a soft conference back then.

If we had played in the AFC during this era,we'd have won more than a single playoff game. We would have played in a few Super bowls in my opinion.

Mora's got no chance of joining that select group. Colston's a longshot but certainly deserving of consideration.

Next two in will be Sean and Drew.
I don’t understand how colston is a long shot. He’s the best receiver in Saints history and it’s nowhere close

I don’t understand how colston is a long shot. He’s the best receiver in Saints history and it’s nowhere close

I think that's debatable. I'd take Michael Thomas and Joe Horn ahead of him. Colston deserves to be in the Saints Hall of Fame. I think the ring of honor needs to be held to a higher standard. Pro Football Hall of Fame caliber players. Michael Thomas has a chance if he signs an extension with us.

I think that's debatable. I'd take Michael Thomas and Joe Horn ahead of him. Colston deserves to be in the Saints Hall of Fame. I think the ring of honor needs to be held to a higher standard. Pro Football Hall of Fame caliber players. Michael Thomas has a chance if he signs an extension with us.
I have to respectfully disagree. Michael Thomas obviously has the potential to become the greatest in saints history. And may already be the most talented. But he needs more than 3 years.

And colston has 2000 more yards and 22 more TDs than Horn

I have to respectfully disagree. Michael Thomas obviously has the potential to become the greatest in saints history. And may already be the most talented. But he needs more than 3 years.

And colston has 2000 more yards and 22 more TDs than Horn

Colston played 10 years with Drew Brees. Horn played 6 years with Aaron Brooks, half of a year with Jeff Blake, and half of a year with Drew Brees. Yet he has 4 years with more yards than Colston's best year. That's why Joe Horn has 4 pro bowls and Colston has 0. Colston played longer and produced the stats as a result.

Colston played 10 years with Drew Brees. Horn played 6 years with Aaron Brooks, half of a year with Jeff Blake, and half of a year with Drew Brees. Yet he has 4 years with more yards than Colston's best year. That's why Joe Horn has 4 pro bowls and Colston has 0. Colston played longer and produced the stats as a result.

Can’t just use longevity and the QBs as the deciding factors. If that were the case, does Jerry Rice really deserve to be the GOAT? Played a million years and for two hall of fame QBs.

Also, colston didn’t make a pro bowl because he wasn’t a showboat. Joe horn very much was. We can just agree to disagree but I’d take colston over horn. Mainly because of the physicality he played with. You throw it anywhere near him and he was catching it

Can’t just use longevity and the QBs as the deciding factors. If that were the case, does Jerry Rice really deserve to be the GOAT? Played a million years and for two hall of fame QBs.

Also, colston didn’t make a pro bowl because he wasn’t a showboat. Joe horn very much was. We can just agree to disagree but I’d take colston over horn. Mainly because of the physicality he played with. You throw it anywhere near him and he was catching it

It's not about being a showboat. It's about the stats. Joe Horn has 3 x 1,300+ yard seasons. Colston has 0. The only year you can make an argument for Colston deserving a pro bowl was his 98 catch season.

We have to also take into account the fact that Horn was Brooks’ only Target. Colston had to share the wealth with a ton of other players since drew spread the ball around more than any QB in the league.

Also, showboating 100% matters when it comes to the pro bowl since fans are the voters. If you don’t showboat, casual fans and fans of other teams won’t know who you are, regardless of stats.

We have to also take into account the fact that Horn was Brooks’ only Target. Colston had to share the wealth with a ton of other players since drew spread the ball around more than any QB in the league.

Also, showboating 100% matters when it comes to the pro bowl since fans are the voters. If you don’t showboat, casual fans and fans of other teams won’t know who you are, regardless of stats.

Just post the years that you think Colston deserved to go to the pro bowl and we can compare his production to other receivers in the conference those years. I say there’s 1 season.

Here is where he ranked in the conference each season. 2007 is the year he should've made the pro bowl.

2006: REC 10th YDS 11th TD T5th
2007: REC 2nd YDS 4th TD 4th
2008: REC 25th YDS 20th TD 14th
2009: REC 9th YDS 8th TD T4th
2010: REC 5th YDS 9th TD T9th
2011: REC T5th YDS 8th TD T10th
2012: REC 7th YDS 8th TD T4th
2013: REC 12th YDS 15th TD 13th
2014: REC T23rd YDS 18th TD 18th
2015: REC 25th YDS 30th TD T21st

Last edited:
Here is where he ranked in the conference each season. 2007 is the year he should've made the pro bowl.

2006: REC 10th YDS 11th TD T5th
2007: REC 2nd YDS 4th TD 4th
2008: REC 25th YDS 20th TD 14th
2009: REC 9th YDS 8th TD T4th
2010: REC 5th YDS 9th TD T9th
2011: REC T5th YDS 8th TD T10th
2012: REC 7th YDS 8th TD T4th
2013: REC 12th YDS 15th TD 13th
2014: REC T23rd YDS 18th TD 18th
2015: REC 25th YDS 30th TD T21st

And here's where Joe Horn ranked his 4 Pro Bowl seasons. It's not about show boating. It's about being top 5 in almost every category. Colston did that once in 2007...the only year he was snubbed for a pro bowl.

2000: REC 4th YDS 5th TD 6th
2001: REC 5th YDS 4th TD 3rd
2002: REC 5th YDS 3rd TD T6th
2004: REC 2nd YDS 2nd TD 5th

Paul Tagliabue-
He kept Tom Benson from moving the Saints after Katrina, and is so so much better than the current commissioner.

I'd also have to say, Jim Finks was the turnaround for the Saint franchise. Tom Benson only made the ring because he listened to good advice and hired Finks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom