Who should be the best payed NFL Player? (1 Viewer)

mikaelaustin

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
All this talk about the Ben Roethlisberger deal and Asante Samuel's recent adventure into the FA market got me thinking who actually deserves to be the best payed player in the NFL? now there are a couple of things to take into account when thinking.

1). Age. (pay more to lock up a young talent like the steelers did with big ben).
2). Production over the last couple of years. (consistantly putting up good numbers).
3). Marketability (does he alone put bums in seats).
4). Game changing ability. (can he turn on the Eli Manning Superbowl level preformance whenever he wants).
5). Offence or Defence?

I was actually trying to rack my brain and come up with a name i'd pay stupid money to if i was an owner and i couldn't. please suggestions here.

Brady and Peyton. Two of the best all time arguably and both have led their teams to a superbowl win. If I'm starting a franchise, I'd give as much money as they want to either of these guys.

i know he doesn't deserve $102 over 8 years but i was pretty impressed with what patrick willis did as a rookie and he only turns 22 this year. i definitely see him becoming a force for years to come. maybe san fran should make sure he's for life.

Randy Moss deserves every penny he got in his new contract. He's like no other receiver....ever.

Tom Brady,

I will listen to manning.

LT would be considered....

All this talk about the Ben Roethlisberger deal and Asante Samuel's recent adventure into the FA market got me thinking who actually deserves to be the best payed player in the NFL? now there are a couple of things to take into account when thinking.

1). Age. (pay more to lock up a young talent like the steelers did with big ben).
2). Production over the last couple of years. (consistantly putting up good numbers).
3). Marketability (does he alone put bums in seats).
4). Game changing ability. (can he turn on the Eli Manning Superbowl level preformance whenever he wants).
5). Offence or Defence?

I was actually trying to rack my brain and come up with a name i'd pay stupid money to if i was an owner and i couldn't. please suggestions here.

You couldn't come up with P. Manning and Brady? You haven't been watching football... like ever? I'd have to go with Brady before Manning too, but others would probably dispute that. However Brady has always been good even with terrible WR's, but he put up the best stats ever when he had some great WR's to throw too.

And a huuuuge gap between them and probably my #3, LT for San Diego.

And the coach I'd hire would have to be Billicheck.

And the person who said Randy Moss was the best ever received obviously never saw Jerry Rice play... If Jerry Rice was in his prime... I'd break the bank for that guy too.

And I wouldn't pay Moss "stupid money" just because he's a gamble. You never know what you are going to get, so you have to discount his talent to compensate for the greater risk. Plus he only has a few years left in the tank, if that.

To me it's Peyton Manning and Tom Brady a close second. Peyton is just the whole package. Brady seems a little snobbish and too "celeb" for me. I'll take Peyton anyday.

brady also has a couple of SB rings and a few passing records to go with that "snobbish" thing..

Peyton better than Brady? Not so sure; Peyton's had Harrison & Reggie Wayne for years. Before last Season, Brady's cup didn't exactly runneth over with Pro Bowl receivers. The first year he did get a comparable receiving corp he rewrote the record books.

At one point, I think you'd have said yes, Peyton is better but for my money, Brady is now out on his own. If I was to start a Franchise, he'd be by guy.

Give me Manning any day of the week over Brady. I don't need the "side show" that goes with pregnant models and child support. Manning is every bit as good, and is a fan favorite amongst football fans in general, not just team fans.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom