Poll Who should start at QB? (2 Viewers)

If you had to pick one to start for the Saints for the entire next 6 weeks, who do you want at QB?

• Teddy Bridgewater

Votes: 101 43.5%
  • Taysom Hill

Votes: 131 56.5%

• Total voters
What are you a closet Vikings fan? What relevant body of work is there besides Sundays game? The preseason scrub fest or the throwaway game last year in Week 17? Bridgewater has had exactly one meaningful and relevant opportunity and it was Sunday , Unless you are claiming to base your opinion based on his time with the Vikequeens.

Then I'd say ok at least there was a basis for half your opinion, what relevant and meaningful basis do you have for Taysom Hill?

Please go ahead and quote CSP on Hill and try to ignore the fact that he has TB paid more and above Hill on the depth chart.

Wait SMH I figured it out SR has been infiltrated by members of the Dolphin's player personnel staff creating closet sentiment to get TB released …..you almost had me.

The fact that you have to come up with embarrassingly cheesy insults like closet Vikings fan or SR infiltrated by dolphins player personnel, shows you have no idea what you’re talking about, have no good points and would rather throw insults to take away from that fact than be open minded about a legit discussable topic.

Teddy has had an actual game under his belt last year, an entire offseason/preseason this year and 3/4 of a game this year. I’m not saying that’s a whole lot of body of work, but what i am saying is that he’s been here and in this system long enough to look decent and he has looked like an average backup at best every step of the way. Have you seen some of the other backups this year? Mason Rudolph came in his first ever game last week and impressed vs Seahawks. Menshaw for Jax is another. No one here is rooting against Teddy. At least I hope not. Personally I hope he comes out and lights it up, wins some games and earns a bigger longer term payday for himself next season. But from what he’s shown so far It doesn’t look promising. IMO we need to completely change the offense to a heavy run first attack style like the Ravens did last year when Lamar took over mid season.

The one and only relevant point you made in your last post was that teddy is above Hill on the DC and technically he’s paid more. Taysom is still on the contract he had when he was waived by Greeb Bay, you think when his contract is up he’s signing a minimum deal? That’s a rhetorical question. Also contract amount does not equate to better talent. Ram is better at his position than Peat by a mile, Hendrickson has looked better than Davenport at times - who cares what they make? I also think SP values every other position that Taysom plays and that is where DC can come into play.

I’m not saying one person is better than the other. I’m saying this year all we have seen from both QBs (I acknowledge so far its only been 4 preseason games and 3/4 game by Teddy) but this year I think Taysom ran the offense better and the ball actually moved down the field. I see some saying well Teddy having week 17, 4 preseason games and 3/4 vs rams isn’t enough. All I’m saying is Taysom has had 200% less time than that to show at QB.

I voted Teddy.

We need to put this entire debate to bed already. He's either the guy or he's not and it's time to figure that out. If we bench Teddy this soon, then you are back to square one trying to figure all this out next year and we could lose an entire season over it. Teddy is a FA next year, Teddy is going to cost the most money (maybe not though given his performances so far). We can't afford to make a mistake on him, so let him start the next two games and if he flops, we at least know to let him walk and cut our losses.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom