Poll Who should start at QB? (1 Viewer)

If you had to pick one to start for the Saints for the entire next 6 weeks, who do you want at QB?

• Teddy Bridgewater

Votes: 101 43.5%
  • Taysom Hill

Votes: 131 56.5%

• Total voters

sketchi

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Surprised this thread doesn't exist already. This has been discussed a lot with Drew's injury, but a lot of people lurk but don't post, so just fun lets have a poll. Coach Payton is obviously going to do what he thinks is best but that's not what this poll is about, this poll is about if you had the choice who would you like to see under-center? Lets not get lost in the weeds with "let see how they look this week then decide" type answers, so for the purposes of this poll you pick one QB you'd want to start for the entire 6 weeks until the Bye, no swapping due to performance, one guy. Whether your choice is for entertainment, evaluation purposes, or who gives us the best chance to win, is completely up to you, but if you had your wish (out of these to guys, sorry no Drew Brees and no tacos) who would be at starting QB for our New Orleans Saints for the next 6 games?

Going with teddy for now but if he continues to stink it up I hope he’s pulled. I think he will look better next week. Anybody remember that game McCown played vs the panthers?

Edited for clarity:: I’m not really a bridgwater fan but I think he will turn the ball over less. He just needs to actually let go of the ball.

Teddy. Despite him playing poorly he has earned at least one full game to prove it. They gave him 8m, and they believe in him otherwise he wouldve gone to Miami. We should show the same faith. I think there should be packages involving Taysom more in the game. It was weird he wasn't in LA but I assume it's because they weren't comfortable doing so, and with the WR injuries they needed him running routes.

Teddy will have a full week with the 1's, and a gameplan built for him. Hopefully it is more successful. We desperately need this win.

Went with TB because he'll have a week with the ones and likely split more snaps with Hill anyway.

If after two or three games, he still looks like he did yesterday, then you have to put Hill in and make TB the backup to him until Brees comes back. Our defense played lights out for the first half yesterday and TB couldn't keep the offense on the field long enough for them to even catch their breath before they were back out there again.

ETA: Supposedly, TB was brought in because he's supposed to be capable of running the same offense as Brees. Why wasn't he mentally prepared for going into the game yesterday? It's not like he wasn't in the same meetings with Drew all week leading up to the game.

Teddy is the QB from now until Drew gets back. It's not a debate, it's not on a trial basis, its not going to change barring injury. It is THE plan, like it or not.

Taysom is the reason we have 2 TEs, 3 RBs, and 4 active WRs on gameday. Make him the starter and we are undermanned at several positions.

The only question I see is whether or not we pick up a backup QB for the next 6 weeks.

Teddy. The lone time Hill was allowed to play against starters, he looked even worse. And apparently CSP still don't think he's ready
When did Hill ever play against starters, besides his limited snaps at QB last year? It certainly wasn't this preseason.

Surprised this thread doesn't exist already. This has been discussed a lot with Drew's injury, but a lot of people lurk but don't post, so just fun lets have a poll. Coach Payton is obviously going to do what he thinks is best but that's not what this poll is about, this poll is about if you had the choice who would you like to see under-center? Lets not get lost in the weeds with "let see how they look this week then decide" type answers, so for the purposes of this poll you pick one QB you'd want to start for the entire 6 weeks until the Bye, no swapping due to performance, one guy. Whether your choice is for entertainment, evaluation purposes, or who gives us the best chance to win, is completely up to you, but if you had your wish (out of these to guys, sorry no Drew Brees and no tacos) who would be at starting QB for our New Orleans Saints for the next 6 games?
have both equally ready to play even if that means extra practice for hill after regular practice with teddy

teddy deserves a chance to go in a weeks prep as the starter but if he is stinking it up, there should be a short leash for putting hill in

In my mind, Teddy has 3 games to prove he can win. Seattle and Dallas are going to be tough, but there is no excuse not to perform vs Tampa. We can still win the division unless we start dropping NFC South games. If he loses all 3, maybe it's time to see what Taysom can do. However, Teddy is the backup because he supposedly can run the same offense Brees does. I think Payton needs to simplify it a bit the next couple of weeks and work back in some of the wrinkles as we go until TB gets more comfortable. If Brees is going to come back, we don't want to have to re-tool the plays completely for Taysom and then switch them back for Brees. If we can stay consistent until he gets back and still win a few games, it bodes better for everyone jumping back on the same page later.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom