Poll Who should start at QB? (1 Viewer)

If you had to pick one to start for the Saints for the entire next 6 weeks, who do you want at QB?

• Teddy Bridgewater

Votes: 101 43.5%
  • Taysom Hill

Votes: 131 56.5%

• Total voters
Why are lying Hill didn’t look worse in the preseason against the starters hell he didn’t even get the opportunity to play against the starters. Teddy still looked garbage against second and third team in the preseason at least Taysom shined against those groups. All because you choose to support Teddy doesn’t mean you have to drag the next guy down and make stuff up.

I'm not making anything up n I don't necessarily support either of em. He was garbage against starters during last yrs preseason n I've seen no indication that he'll improve against starters since he only shines against guys who half of em end up on practice squads if not totally out of the league by the time the actual season starts

Holding the ball so long don’t help our O-line and may have lead to some of those 1st & 20’s. They played close to the line to shut down Kamara, daring Teddy to beat them with his arm, and he couldn’t do it. Our receivers have never gotten that much separation, this isn’t college it’s rare to straight up beat your man, but Drew Brees found ways to fit the ball into small windows and put the ball where only his guy had a chance at it. If we try to play Drew Brees football without Drew Brees we will lose.

Sketchi, There is truth in what you say about Brees and We can't play Brees ball and win without Brees Our WR's were physically out matched and continuously knocked off their routes. The only reason MT13 had 10 Catches was he was breaking his routes off short. Even Drew would have struggled under these conditions, maybe not as much a Bridgewater did, but that's to be expected.

Hopefully we see a Game plan next week that does not require Bridgewater to be Brees

Or maybe there not, There was non-existent separation between receivers and DB's yesterday, no holes for AK41 to run through and an O-Line who'd apparently rather start with 1st and 20 than first and 10 and yet TB is responsible for all of that and TH walks through defenses like a ghost. Were you drunk or stoned watching the game yesterday?
The fact that you think people are basing this off of 1 game shows that this discussion is going no where with you.

I'm not making anything up n I don't necessarily support either of em. He was garbage against starters during last yrs preseason n I've seen no indication that he'll improve against starters since he only shines against guys who half of em end up on practice squads if not totally out of the league by the time the actual season starts
He was "garbage" in the preseason of 2018, when he'd been with the team for like a week. That's what you're basing his current abilities on? He sure seems to know the entire offense pretty well. Well enough to play QB snaps in real games last year.

Teddy was signed big as an insurance policy. But all he's shown in games is a QB who mentally cannot process our offense. No command, no confidence, no chemistry.

Love to be wrong, but it's going to get ugly. Maybe Teddy comes out and is effective for a quarter with a short, quick passing game but no way he can handle 3rd and long, or sustain any consistency across multiple possessions against the defenses Saints will face all year. Defenses will double Kamara and Thomas and dare Teddy to find and be accurate with the other receivers. No need to blitz if Teddy holds the ball too long and cannot pull the trigger.

if the Saints are not scoring TD's, the defense will wear down and the morale of the team will crater.

The coaches have had the luxury of not having to coach offense so much with a HOF'er, genius, and deadly-accurate passer in Brees. If Bridgewater does not raise his game, then that's going to be a coaching problem also.

Hate to sound cynical, but I just call it as I see it. Right now, Teddy comes across as a paycheck-player, a JAG.

Prove me wrong Teddy!

I need to see Teddy after a week of prep as a starter.
Then I’ll vote

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom