Poll Who should start at QB? (1 Viewer)

If you had to pick one to start for the Saints for the entire next 6 weeks, who do you want at QB?

• Teddy Bridgewater

Votes: 101 43.5%
  • Taysom Hill

Votes: 131 56.5%

• Total voters
Earlier in this post it was stated that in 2018 Hill took 13% of the snaps at QB in 2018 which I do not believe is correct. Hill was at QB 64 times out of 1010 offensive plays which is about 6% and I only recall one or two plays which were designed pass plays, most where run options. In pre-season he worked as a QB making reads and changing the plays at the line and looked pretty good, albeit against back-ups. I think that if Teddy does not show significant improvement in the first half we will see Taysom in the second half at Seattle.

Good stuff. Thx

This is my personal thoughts, but I hope they don't play Hill at QB much this week. The Seahawks are dirty and if Hill runs it a lot, the Seahawks will be trying end Taysom's season.

Good stuff. Thx

This is my personal thoughts, but I hope they don't play Hill at QB much this week. The Seahawks are dirty and if Hill runs it a lot, the Seahawks will be trying end Taysom's season.
You don't think they're just as dirty with wide receivers and tight ends and wouldn't try to cheap shot him when making a catch? I think he has less of a chance of getting hurt playing QB since he's got an OL blocking for him. And he's shown he can make the reads and throws from the pocket this preseason (yeah yeah yeah - it was against guys who aren't on the 53 anywhere now - but he couldn't help who he was playing against) which would limit his exposure to taking a cheap shot on him. And when he does run, he's typically doing it when he's faster than the guy he's got to beat and they don't get a clean hit on him anyway.

Teddy's body of work while with the Saints leaves me with no confidence.

I would start Teddy, but if he starts cold, he would get a quick hook. Taysom could be worse, but not not by much. At least the team would have a spark and have hope.

Teddy's body of work while with the Saints leaves me with no confidence.

I would start Teddy, but if he starts cold, he would get a quick hook. Taysom could be worse, but not not by much. At least the team would have a spark and have hope.
this ^^^^^

plus if things break down i trust taysom to be able to improvise and turn it into "some" positive yards

with teddy the best you can expect is a 6 yard sack instead of a 12 yard sack or desperation thrown up for grabs interception

The fact that you think people are basing this off of 1 game shows that this discussion is going no where with you.

What are you a closet Vikings fan? What relevant body of work is there besides Sundays game? The preseason scrub fest or the throwaway game last year in Week 17? Bridgewater has had exactly one meaningful and relevant opportunity and it was Sunday , Unless you are claiming to base your opinion based on his time with the Vikequeens.

Then I'd say ok at least there was a basis for half your opinion, what relevant and meaningful basis do you have for Taysom Hill?

Please go ahead and quote CSP on Hill and try to ignore the fact that he has TB paid more and above Hill on the depth chart.

Wait SMH I figured it out SR has been infiltrated by members of the Dolphin's player personnel staff creating closet sentiment to get TB released …..you almost had me.

Hey Dutar - do you think we will pickup another backup QB so Taysom can continue his role as Swiss Army knife? thx

Who knows. Depends on how big SP is willing to gamble I guess. I think having the Taysom packages available gives us a better chance to win. I'd imagine if we were going to pick up a QB, we'd have already done it.

Oh, I agree. I was just questioning him saying that Hill has failed playing against starters.
Edited (It was pointed out that I misquoted my own statistics. The corrections are indicated in red)

Would everyone please stop saying we have never seen Taysom QB against starters. Or that he was awful when he did play against them.

Coma much? Did you miss the entire 2018 season? Taysom Hill played ~13% ~6% of the Saints snaps as the QB under center. That works out to be the equivalent of two one full game. Then add to that the large number of additional snaps in other positions on offense.

Is it your argument that all of our 2018 opponents plays their third stringers against us last year?

Or maybe you are saying Taysom was a dud on all those snaps? Because from my seat he was the Little engine that could against a seasons worth of starters.

Every year Tayson shows up with a new talent. This year it was looking like he has added legitimate receiving target to his portfolio.

Seriously they need to try him on defense. He would make a great pass rusher on the blitz.

Last edited:
Thank you for clearing up that 13% number. That may have been the total snaps he took on offense, but I knew it had to be too high for his snaps at QB. Any time I referenced that number, I asterisked it with, 13% coming from a user on this site.

Hill did show great pocket presence and awareness and didn't always just decide to run when things broke down. He successfully scrambled and completed passes too. That's why I think we'll be seeing both QB's nearly splitting snaps at QB this week and if it works, until Brees comes back.

He was right I misquoted my own statistic it was 6% at QB. Not sure why I remembered it as 13% which Is closer to his total snaps.

This is the post where I first calculated that is was 6%

I promise the error was unintentional.

Teddy deserves his shot- Thats what we signed him for, that being said he has got to get his confidence and get it quickly. If he keeps doing the same things holding it too long etc then im guessing SP wont wait for long. To me he looks unsure of himself, but hopefully a week of practice and a gp designed with him in mind will improve all of that.

Not that it matters but he’s got my support and hopefully he’ll do well.

A true 2 QB system would be very interesting, I’m talking Taysom & Teddy both being on the field at the same time for 100% of the offensive snaps, switching out whose under-center depending on the situation/play call. Seattle would never know who was going to take the snap until we took formation right before the snap, it would certainly keep them on their toes and not allow them to match personal based of perceived strengths/weaknesses of each QB.

A true 2 QB system would be very interesting, I’m talking Taysom & Teddy both being on the field at the same time for 100% of the offensive snaps, switching out whose under-center depending on the situation/play call. Seattle would never know who was going to take the snap until we took formation right before the snap, it would certainly keep them on their toes and not allow them to match personal based of perceived strengths/weaknesses of each QB.

What do you want Teddy to do when he is not taking the snap? Down block the gap?

What do you want Teddy to do when he is not taking the snap? Down block the gap?
Same thing Drew does, next to nothing. It’s not as if he couldn’t catch some short passes or block some db’s.

The guy who won a ton of games with Kerry "Vodka" Collins and turned Tony Romo into a 10 year starter who was a great regular season QB doesn't have a good track record as a QB whisperer? And Hill is only learning these "subtleties" at this age because he's a Mormon and went on his mission for a few years after graduating college. That was after playing an extra year at BYU because of injuries for which he got an extra season exemption, IIRC.

My bad it'd slipped my mind that he'd worked with Romo n Collins. He certainly did get the most outta them. Too bad he couldn't do the same with any of his recent draft picks

Mormon mission or not, Hill is still a huge work in progress. Some ppl need to dial down their expectations of him, that's all. He's a perfect example of boom or bust

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom