Who sits atop the nerd hierarchy? (2 Viewers)

King of the nerds

• Total voters
You will notice how high up on Pasty's chart that Heinlein fans are. That's me and Taurus, among others.

Of course, I consider myself to be a multi-geek...Azimov...Bradbury...Star Trek...Star Wars...Babylon 5...Battlestar Galactica (old and new)...Tolkien (I read the books over a decade before the movies came out)...

It started with "The Twilight Zone" and "The Outer Limits" when I was a kid and just kinda snowballed from there.

Asimov isn't geeky. Asimov is truth

I dunno. Seems football forum geeks rule. :spit:

RA you only burn your wizards sleeve if you don't use the advanced spirit cocoon spell followed by the dragons tear balm DUH!!!!

I am a Heinlein fan as well. Nerd alert.

Let's see here. . . I am a D&D Dork, a Star Wars Freak, a Comic Book Geek, a Video Game Goober, an Anime Wackjob, an Alternate History Afficianado, and a Tolkien fan. . . and even I find LARPers creepy.

They're mostly the same. Maybe Star Trek people don't like Star Wars or something like that, but most nerds in school were into at least three of the above.

I voted Trekkies, but good point on the multiples.

Do I get negative nerd points if I don't know what Heinlein is?

Sounds like a balance I owe on a Holland beer.

Do I get negative nerd points if I don't know what Heinlein is?

Sounds like a balance I owe on a Holland beer.

It simply means that old school Sci-Fi officiantos will view you with scorn and derision, granting your opinions the same weight as that given to Joe Theismann's broadcast booth brilliance.

Heinlein? You may never have read his works, but every Sci-Fi TV show and movie since the 1960s have "borrowed" his themes and plot lines.

It simply means that old school Sci-Fi officiantos will view you with scorn and derision, granting your opinions the same weight as that given to Joe Theismann's broadcast booth brilliance.

Heinlein? You may never have read his works, but every Sci-Fi TV show and movie since the 1960s have "borrowed" his themes and plot lines.

Then I guess you get my points.

I voted Jonsey because you have to be very nerdy to post this poll.

ps - what's nerdy about Star Wars?

ps - what's nerdy about Star Wars?

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dHRGvy3U2WA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dHRGvy3U2WA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom