Who Stays, Who Goes? (1 Viewer)

Gone

Drew retires
Morstead retires

Kwon - he’s not going to be the same next year. Maybe ever.
Anzalone
Cook
Marcus Williams
Rankins
Malcom Brown
Easton

On the keep side we need to figure out how to keep Hendrickson. And it may be more about making a decision on Cam Jordan.

Last edited:
I think we find a way to keep Trey, Cam's getting too old and we need someone opposite Davenport (who can't stay healthy himself). I'm not sure about Marcus Williams, he's pretty good but not great. The rest are expendable.

There are so many changes that this team will be going through this offseason. We will lose players, coaches, front office folks, either because they are too amazing and are signed/hired by other teams, or they simply aren’t worth the paper their contracts are printed on.

Who stays?
Jameis
Kwon
TRex

Who goes?
Campbell
Fontenot
Peat
Cook
Add no breaking tackle Murray to that also.

Consider him gone. Marcus Williams probably gone as well as Trey Hendrickson, Kwon, Anzalone and Rankins. That's just a few that come to mind on the defense. Not sure what will happen with either of our starting corners at this point. Regardless, this team will be going through a bit of a shake up in the coming months.

We will need to keep either Kwon or Anzalone. Can't let both go. I'd say try to keep Kwon and let Anzalone go. Both have injury histories. Only way you let both go is if you have an answer in FA.

I think MT stays. I can see Hill gone. Anzalone gone.
If Drew retires, is that money still owed?

Yes we still owe money for future years. If he does retire we pay basically 11.5 million in 2021 and 11.5 million in 2021 spreading the 23 million over 2 years rather than the full hit of the 23 mill in 2021.

Link here

We will need to keep either Kwon or Anzalone. Can't let both go. I'd say try to keep Kwon and let Anzalone go. Both have injury histories. Only way you let both go is if you have an answer in FA.

Kwon isn’t going to be the same player after an achilles tear. If we count on him we’re going to be disappointed. Anzalone isn’t cutting it. Let them both go and sign or draft someone who is healthy.

This team has been building threw the draft and making smart additions in FA. I could see a couple players not returning because money will be focused on players like Lattimore and Ram, so you could see a guy like Hendrickson gone with Davenport here and Granderson getting those snaps THAT Hendrickson would get as the 3rd DE in the rotation.

I think Rankins gets resigned and we draft CB, LB and OL in this year's draft because Kwon was an investment for this season (unless he restructures, could get him cheaper because of the injury)

The draft will be used to reload the core of this team is here we can target depth threw the draft and put them in the rotation.

Thomas will be traded

I’m ok with that actually. Problem is.. it seems most NFL trades of late are players for draft picks. While we could use some more of those, i don’t think we could get any picks comparable to his value unless we had other picks to package to get a franchise QB. So basically i’m saying he is only worth trading for a franchise qb.

My two cents worth just because I feel like it...

Stay...
Winston
Kwon (on a redone contract tho like Janoris this year)
Latt
Trey

Go
Drew😢💔
Janoris
Malcolm Brown
Cook
Morstead

Yes. We spread some of his bonus into next year. I'm not sure how much but he will count some against the cap I believe.

Gone

Drew Brees
Morestead
Rankins
There are so many changes that this team will be going through this offseason. We will lose players, coaches, front office folks, either because they are too amazing and are signed/hired by other teams, or they simply aren’t worth the paper their contracts are printed on.

Who stays?
Jameis
Kwon
TRex

Who goes?
Campbell
Fontenot
Peat
Cook

Gone:

Jared Cook
Drew Brees
Thomas Morestead
Marcus Williams
Anzalone
Rankins
Kwon Alexander
Janoris Jenkins
DJ Swearinger
Justin Hardee
Bennie Fowler

Extension or restructure: (To save cap money)

Ryan Ramczyk
Taysom Hill (Would save more money to extend him)
Andrus Peat
Malcolm Jenkins
Onyemata
Lattimore or trade to save about 9 million in cap hit,
Trey Hendrickson (need tto get him extended to save money, but will have competition)

We will be in decent shape next season for a good team, but we need a QB in the draft long term.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom