Who Stays, Who Goes? (1 Viewer)

Kwon isn’t going to be the same player after an achilles tear. If we count on him we’re going to be disappointed. Anzalone isn’t cutting it. Let them both go and sign or draft someone who is healthy.
We said the same thing about Rankins when he tore his achilles and he came back pretty strong. So who's to say that Kwon won't come back from this.

Why, does Drew tell him to be soft and to hold the ball loosely in his arm when he runs?
Drew not pointing fingers u know why because he turned the ball over and lost the game even if you take away the cooks fumble. Yall are piling on cooks 1 fumble but the fact remains saints didn't deserve to win Drew played like straight trash and won the game for the bucs yall can try to spin it anyway you like and continue to make excuses for him and sp what all have done for the last few years

Drew not pointing fingers u know why because he turned the ball over and lost the game even if you take away the cooks fumble. Yall are piling on cooks 1 fumble but the fact remains saints didn't deserve to win Drew played like straight trash and won the game for the bucs yall can try to spin it anyway you like and continue to make excuses for him and sp what all have done for the last few years

The problem with Cook isn't limited to the game last night. His fumbling, lazy route running and overall poor performance has been a trend the entire season.

Last night, he had a fumble and 2 dropped passes and one route where he broke so late the pass never had a chance. I'm over him. Time for Trautman to step up and be the reliable receiver at TE.

Guys like M.Wiliams, Hendrickson, Rankins, Winston and Anzalone really depend on the price (Kwon too but his current contract needs to just be cut). I'll make some wild guesses though.

Who stays?
M.Williams
Rankins
Anzalone
P.J.
Hardee

Who goes?
Winston
Hendrickson
Kwon
Easton
Cook
Robertson
Campbell
Fontenot
Edit: Nielsen =[

Last edited:
Why are we wanting to get rid of Janoris Jenkins exactly? I could argue he was the best Corner we had this season.

I say restructure him. It would save some money this year and lock him in for his next. For being on a 2 year contract, he's set up nicely for a restructure (nice lump of salary to move).

I listened to Ross Jackson locked on Saints. He did an amazing job breaking down all the moves the Saints could do to get under the tax. Unfortunately Brown was always cut in the scenario

Might not be popular but M. Williams will have a big market. There are about 5-7 teams looking to upgrade FS. Dallas, Bears, Vikings (wouldn't that be karma...), Carolina all come to immediate mind and all are very familiar first hand with his play. There could be some big changes coming to the secondary next season. Basically only M Jenkins is locked in. Both starting CBs & starting FS are FAs. Ouch.

Might not be popular but M. Williams will have a big market. There are about 5-7 teams looking to upgrade FS. Dallas, Bears, Vikings (wouldn't that be karma...), Carolina all come to immediate mind and all are very familiar first hand with his play. There could be some big changes coming to the secondary next season. Basically only M Jenkins is locked in. Both starting CBs & starting FS are FAs. Ouch.

Lattimore is signed under a 5th year option. They would have to cut him before March or be guaranteed to pay 10 mil. An extension is most likely. Save some money for 2021 and lock him in.

J.Jenkins has 2 years left on his contract. They could cut him for 7 mil but I think he's lived up to his contract and they restructure it to save some money in 2021 and lock him into 2022.

You also have CGJ on his rookie deal.

The only moves you have to look at are M.Williams, PRob and PJ. If Williams is closer to 15 mil I think he walks. Closer to 10 mil and they can make it work. PRob and PJ I'm unsure about but I don't think they are critical. They can find some replacement level depth if PRob retires or PJ finds a contract.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom