Who the Saints are talking to! (1 Viewer)

exactly. We all know Payton will go after some offensive help in the later rounds.

I will tell you that I was watching practice yesterday, and a LB from S. Florida....I think Merrill was his name looked pretty good. I have no idea when he is estimated to go, but I was hoping we could get him in the mid to late.

i dont like this source i love patrick lee but why would cleveland be talking to John David Booty when they have brady quinn. i think it lost it's credit right there

We are going to go after offensive players, and I think Payton has an open mind when it comes to drafting, he likes talent from small schools because they have upside and fly under the radar (Jahri Evans, Colston, Bushrod) so i expect him to go after some offensive and or defensive guys in the later rounds who are not from big time schools.

Teams talk to lots of players at this time, and usually the Senior Bowl is when they get personally acquainted with as many lower-rated prospects as possible. The Saints are obviously doing their homework on the 1st and 2nd round talent right now, but they'll meet with those guys at the Combine and for pre-draft visits. The lower-rated prospects who won't get those luxuries have to make an impression now.

Also, teams talk to guys they may have no interest in drafting, just to get a file started on them. Some of these guys may be picked up on waivers or traded for in 3 or 4 years based, in part, on the conversations they have this week. Too much information is never a bad thing.

geauxtigers72 i think the reason behind cleveland talking to jd booty is because they are not going to keep derek anderson and brady quinn. from the reports that i've heard cleveland will try and trade derek anderson to let brady quinn be your starter. so that is the reason behind talking to jdb.

geauxtigers72 i think the reason behind cleveland talking to jd booty is because they are not going to keep derek anderson and brady quinn. from the reports that i've heard cleveland will try and trade derek anderson to let brady quinn be your starter. so that is the reason behind talking to jdb.

More likely they will trade Quinn. His bonus money doesnt make him untradable. And they are working on a long term deal with Derek Anderson, who the rest of the team is totally behind.

2 or 3 TE and 3 or4 WR Sorry I lost count but that tells me they are looking to add depth in the latter rounds of the draft. Also a K and a P

I think Dorien Bryant is a KR/PR as well, and with the K and P on the list it looks like our special teams coaches are active.

In regards to the Browns talking to JD Booty, I think that sometimes teams will talk to players not only to get information on them, but on their teammates. With all the players likely to be drafted out of USC this year, the browns could have been trying to gather information on many different guys.

spy_hunter_smoke_screen.jpg

i dont like this source i love patrick lee but why would cleveland be talking to John David Booty when they have brady quinn. i think it lost it's credit right there

Not necessarily, many people around Cleveland feel that Anderson will be traded and then for all intents and purposes, that will leave Quinn as the only QB on the roster. If they get Booty in the 4th, then they have a back up qb and extra picks from the Anderson trade.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom