Who thought Lattimore was going to get ball punched out after interception (1 Viewer)

Yes, but to be fair, I tell this to any player that looks like he's going to be stood up

I too was yelling to "go down", but looking back at it, there was still almost 2 mins left on the clock. Just glad he held on to the ball.

Not really. I could see that Lattimore had full awareness of the situation as soon as he fielded the ball off of Jefferies' firngertips. It's not like that was one of those
"surprise interceptions". Had his eye on the ball the whole play and wasn't about to let anyone take it.

I saw that, too, but at the last second, the guy decides to tackle Lattimore! And I just KNEW he was planning to punch it out!

I think everyone had the same thought process. Because I know I was thinking just slide down. Game is won whether he pick sixes or not. But it can be lost if we fumble it away.

lol I bet if you took the roofs off of every house in New Orleans and hovered over it would sound like a war zone.

"GET DOWN!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GODDDD STOP IT!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

And then a collective sign of relief.

And then it sounds like V-E day.

Lol. I watched the replay 4 or 5 times trying to figure out how it DIDNT happen.

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
Screenshot (1).pngScreenshot (2).png
YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!

It looks like he did hit the ball but Lattimore was not letting it go...but dear lord I lost a solid 2 years off my life watching it in slow motion

LOL yup... listening to the Saints Radio broadcast of the game.. Deuce is hollering 'Get Down ! Get Down!" I was screaming at the t.v. "Ball security ! Get down ! Look out !!" Who Dat!?

I didn't notice it from my seat, but on the replay I see how dangerous it was. Wow!

Me during that interception return.

images

Everyone was saying get down but I can’t fault Lattimore. If it was like 40 seconds left then yes, get down immediately. When there’s a possibility the team can still get the ball back, I do not fault a defender for thinking of trying to get as many yards as possible or to try and house it for 6.

If anything, it will give coaches a great reason to stress ball security to our defense this week when talking about possible interceptions or fumble returns by them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom