Who to pick up? (1 Viewer)

CajunSaint

Hall of Famer
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
OK, I have McNabb....gone! It is a keeper league and McNabb was going to be my keeper, however, it looks like he will be out for a while and I am not sure I want to gamble on a keeper slot for him. My Qb right now is Kitna, who has been fairly solid.

I am thinking that I will go ahead and drop McNabb, but in this league, we have to pay for pickups. Granted, it is only $2, but I have already made a good bit of transactions. Not to mention I really dont want to drop any of my reserves, my bench is loaded....my next in line to drop would be either Stallworth or Reggie Brown and I really dont want to put one of them out there for someone to come and pick up and beat me in the playoffs.

Which Qb should I go for?

Brett Favre or Jay Cutler.

Favre, when he has been healthy has really been lighting it up this season. He has been fairly consistent and has the potential of really helping me out in the playoffs.

Cutler, could end up being like Romo. Cutler has good talent around him, which should help him out. Cutler also has potential keeper value, but not likely.

I think that Favre will be the safer and probable better producer, however, if I take Cutler I will prevent anyone from getting him if he does get hot. The only other negative about Favre is that in december, playing at home will be pretty chilly, so I dont know how much he will produce in the december weather.

Your thoughts?

Cutler has the biggest upside. Javon Walker and Rod Smith are going to be catching his passes.

Pick up both. You are about to his the playoffs and I'm sure there are a couple guys on your bench that you have no intentions of playing. If you have to chose look at Cutlers schedule and drool.

Pick up both. You are about to his the playoffs and I'm sure there are a couple guys on your bench that you have no intentions of playing.

Under many circumstances I would. However, even though I have a no use for certain players on my bench, i dont feel that I can drop them. They are all players that can help other teams. While of course, so could Cutler or Favre, the teams battling for the playoffs all have strong starting Qbs.

To pick up both I would have to cut one of the following:

M Barber
Stallworth
Reg Brown
Trav Henry
Kellen Winslow

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom