Who Wants This Game More: Saints or Steelers? (1 Viewer)

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Conventional wisdom would say that it's obviously the Steelers.

I disagree.

The Saints only have a one game lead over the Falcons, and a 2 game lead over the Panthers.

With half the season to go, that scenario could change quickly, starting as early as Sunday. Barring a complete meltdown, the Falcons should handle Az. Sunday, and Carolina should beat Tampa at home.

If the Saints were to lose, the Falcons would be tied with us again, and the Panthers would be just one game out of 1st place.

Coach Payton hasn't shown me anything to that leads me to believe he has not been drilling this message home to his players all week.

While Pitt maybe desperate, I believe our Saints are hungrier, more confident, more focussed, and better prepared going into tommorrow's game.

Look for a disciplined and aggressive Saints team to exploit Pitt's weakneses, and come away with a hard fought, but decisive win.

Your thoughts?...

Speck Killer

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I say we do, and if we jump out on them early by say 14 points, I think you will see the Steelers cave and the Saints roll. This Steeler team is on life support and it will not take much to pull the plug. However, on the flip side, if the Steelers stay close until late in the game, it will be a serious dog fight. I think you will see the same methodical Saints team we have become accustom to seeing every week.

Taceo

Saintastic
Reaction score
I think Willie Parker may have been on to something when he said the Steelers weren't playing like they were hungry (or something like that). In the same sense, the Saints have absolutely no reason to be full or satisfied. The Steelers are playing to get to the end of the season - the Saints are playing to make it to the playoffs. It could be a difference-maker.

LSSpam

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I agree that it's the Saints, which is why i've predicted them to win all week. Pittsburgh's "Do or Die" game was last week, they lost. There's a lot of rhetoric coming from Pittsburgh (mostly from Joey Porter), but I think it's pretty hollow.

lifelongsaint

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
i have said it they will win, we will see the d very agressive, just like the atlanta game but maybe even more. we will beat them and i believe good. if that does not prove to most people this team is for real, t hen i dont know what will.
yes their record is 2-6. but they are better than a 2-6 team.
this coaching staff will have this team ready.
for sure i will have troble sleeping. im excited for it. i hate to wait till 415. but its so worth the wait.

Pa.Saint

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The Saints are still hungry

The Steelers are still full..Supre Bowl hangover

Or another way to look at it...

Peyton vs Cowher

The Real Deal

Very Banned
Reaction score
Saints have more on the line and they need to keep playing well to stay on top of the division.

Steelers are looking for answers and have no shot for the playoffs. Hopefully the steel will continue to melt...

mulletslinger

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I say we do, and if we jump out on them early by say 14 points, I think you will see the Steelers cave and the Saints roll. This Steeler team is on life support and it will not take much to pull the plug. However, on the flip side, if the Steelers stay close until late in the game, it will be a serious dog fight. I think you will see the same methodical Saints team we have become accustom to seeing every week.
agreed. we need to execute just like last week. jump out to an early lead, fight of the home field surge, and then wear out that tired defense in the second half.

mikenlidia

Reaction score
It doesnt matter who is hungriest. all that matters is that we will be in white jerseys today and we are undefeated in white jerseys this season, you can through all the stats and in-depth analysis out the window

white+win lol

birdog

SR is my life!
Reaction score
It is irrelevant who wants this game more.......I even venture to say that it is quite possible the winner of this game will not be the team who wants this victory more.... but the winner of this game will not have more turnovers than the loser...I BET!

So the correct answer is the team with less mistakes will win this game......and I just hope that team is the Saints!

who dat!!

OP
kfran

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well, I hope they spent the whole week getting ready for Az because they are playing the Browns.
LOL ... My bad. Looked at the schedule to quickly. I'm sure you knew the point I was making - Browns/Cards = It's a game the Falcons should win.

Thanks again for the correction.

Marlboro Man

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
This is a lose-lose situation for the Saints as far as the media goes. We've seen it all year long. Before we played Cleveland, the Browns were picked to win because they were a year further along in the rebuilding process than the Saints were and the Saints had a new head coach and staff, yadda, yadda, yadda. When we won, it wasn't surprising and it wasn't a big deal. Then when we played the Packers, it was the Pack that was favored, because the game was in Lambeau Field etc. and even though the Packers were also rebuilding, they had tradition and home field advantage. Once again when we came back from a big deficite by half time to win the game, it was no big deal and the Packers were a bad team etc. Then, we had to come home for our first game in the Dome in a year against the unstoppable Atlanta Falcons, we were going to be thrashed. Instead, we convincingly beat the Falcons at home, but it was just because we were so emotional and that's what carried us and helped us win the game, not talent, coaching or play execution. The following week we had a short week and had to once again go on the road against a supposed Super Bowl Contender in Carolina. This was the first game this year that the officials stepped in and controlled the outcome of one of our games and still, we gave Carolina all they wanted in their home stadium and you can bet they gave a collective sigh of relief when that game ended. Now the media had what they wanted, a loss by the Saints to Carolina that gave their blathering a sliver of credibility and now they were the experts again. The following week against Tampa, it was another win that didn't mean anything to the media because Tampa was struggling and had an off week to get their rookie QB 2 weeks to prepare to play us and we won that game without the benefit of any game film of their new QB, but it fueled the fire of the media because we needed a punt return by Reggie Bush to win the game and so fed their belief that we were just a weak, lucky team. Well, our record now is 4-1 and we have to face the Eagles at home. There was no way we could beat the Eagles. Donovan was playing great and the Eag;es had been to the NFC championships and Super Bowl within the last few years consistently and always gave us fits. Well, the come into the SUPER Dome, and get beat on a convincing drive that consumed the final 8 plus minutes of the game by a last second field goal, but according to the media we were just lucky to come out of that game with the win. Now we get a break and try to regroup after a couple of bad injuries to Harper and both of our fullbacks. We're back with a 5-1 record and have to play the Ravens with a 4-2 record at home. Our team comes out with the worst game plan this season and our players are overconfident and for the first time this season get taken to school in a terrible loss which only once again fueled the media's perception that the Saints are fakes, this last game against the Ravens was the real Saints, the Saints they were used to seeing, and they expected more of the same. Now we go to Tampa for our second game of the series. Tampa has won their last two games in a row and since they did so well against us in the first meeting it looked like a toss up as to who would win this time around. The result was that the Saints came out and dominated that game, giving us a record of 6-2 going into the second half of the season. Now we go into another hostile environment to play last years Champions in their home and even when we beat them, it will be said that the Steelers are only a shell of themselves this year and how unfortunate it is that they won't make the playoffs this year. Nothing about how the Saints went into Pittsburg against a desparate Steelers team with nothing to lose and who threw everything they had at the Saints but were beaten back and held off in another loss to the lowly NEW ORLEANS SAINTS. Get used to it. It will be that way until we win it all.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
New Orleans Saints guard Andrus Peat carted off the field; out for game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints 17 Packers 13: 2nd half game thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints LG Andrus Peat carted off in game against Packers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
saintsfan777 Analysis ***Official Packers @ Saints Game Day Thread*** Gameday Board 2223
Sumdude34 N/S Rams currently being handed a football game....... again [UPDATE: Justice is Served!!!] Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 25
Saints vs. Packers: Game Time, TV, Radio, Online Streaming, Mobile, and Odds Saints RSS News Feeds 0
What went wrong for the Saints passing game Monday & how they can fix it Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Report: Packers' Adams to be game-time decision vs. Saints SR News Page Articles 0
Film Study: Packers run game plays right into Saints’ strengths Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Is this Drew Brees "Crossroads" game? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 19
League issues memo reminding teams about game-day protocols Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Erik McCoy on Offensive Line Execution, Saints Game Plan| Saints vs. Packers Week 3 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
ktmoze 750 Saints Family will attend Packers Game Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 22
Sean Payton: I get caught up in the game and forget about the mask Saints RSS News Feeds 0
cue180 Payton delayed trip home in order to review game film Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 73
Fleur-de-Links, September 23: More analysis of the Saints/Raiders game as Green Bay looms in the distance Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Whenever the Saints lose a Primetime Game.. They win the next Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 1
Covington Saint There's no integrity left in the NFL game. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 77
The Saints don’t look like the Saints, as they drop Week 2 game in Las Vegas, 34-24. Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, September 22: Fallout from the Saints’ week 2 game against the Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
SystemShock Last drive of the game: if you are going to give up like that, just take knees Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 9
Raiders score 24 unanswered points to top Saints in first-ever Las Vegas game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints Payton post game Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 20
mither_rome Run game early Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 29
17 all: Saints at Raiders 2nd half game thread Saints RSS News Feeds 1
Need a reminder of Drew Brees' iconic Monday Night football history? Check out his pre-game cleats Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Week 1 standouts Margus Hunt and Bennie Fowler III called up from practice squad for Saints vs. Raiders game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
CowtownSaint Murray, Harris or TQS, Who has the Biggest Game Tonight? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 23
Saints vs. Raiders: Game Time, TV, Radio, Online Streaming, Mobile, and Odds Saints RSS News Feeds 0
cue180 Dr. Anderson might evaluate Thomas before Packers game Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 17
Bill Analysis ***Official Saints @ Raiders Game Day Thread*** Gameday Board 2495
Fleur-de-Links, September 21: Injury reports and betting odds heading into Saints Monday Night Football game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Taker597 Lions may be inbound on a 12 game losing streak. *Trap Game Alert* Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 6
Did I hear right? Mike Tirico Calling our game next week on SNF Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 26
Krodwhodat Fox Americas game of the week Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
English N/S SNF : New England at Seattle game thread Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 229
[Cowboys vs. Falcons] Cowgirls just handing the game to the Falcons from the start Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 51
Saint Jack N/S Another Pick Your Poison Game: Falcons @ Cowboys Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 392
jasonsw Saints What are you looking for in the Monday Night game? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 52
Dan in Lafayette Saints injury report: TE Cook says Michael Thomas will miss Monday’s game SR News Page Articles 0
No fans in Superdome for Week 3 vs. Packers, but Saints 'hopeful' to have fans for Chargers game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
CSC Podcast: Saints @ Raiders Game Preview Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Kicking game quality is ace in the hole for Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas injury: Here's what Saints did on 13 snaps without star WR in Buccaneers game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Bill N/S ***Burrow's Bengals vs Mayfield's Browns Game Thread*** Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 307
Billgluckman That little trick play at the end of the game.. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 46
gummbo70114 Rewatch Tampa versus Saints game on NFL network at 7 PM central time Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 15
Gentilly504 Over or Under(ratings)for Saints Monday Night Game? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 5
Will we see an increased emphasis on the run game? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
Saints keeping it (under) 100... Everything you need to know about the defense's 44-game streak Saints RSS News Feeds 1