Who Wants This Game More: Saints or Steelers? (1 Viewer)

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Conventional wisdom would say that it's obviously the Steelers.

I disagree.

The Saints only have a one game lead over the Falcons, and a 2 game lead over the Panthers.

With half the season to go, that scenario could change quickly, starting as early as Sunday. Barring a complete meltdown, the Falcons should handle Az. Sunday, and Carolina should beat Tampa at home.

If the Saints were to lose, the Falcons would be tied with us again, and the Panthers would be just one game out of 1st place.

Coach Payton hasn't shown me anything to that leads me to believe he has not been drilling this message home to his players all week.

While Pitt maybe desperate, I believe our Saints are hungrier, more confident, more focussed, and better prepared going into tommorrow's game.

Look for a disciplined and aggressive Saints team to exploit Pitt's weakneses, and come away with a hard fought, but decisive win.

Your thoughts?...

I say we do, and if we jump out on them early by say 14 points, I think you will see the Steelers cave and the Saints roll. This Steeler team is on life support and it will not take much to pull the plug. However, on the flip side, if the Steelers stay close until late in the game, it will be a serious dog fight. I think you will see the same methodical Saints team we have become accustom to seeing every week.

I think Willie Parker may have been on to something when he said the Steelers weren't playing like they were hungry (or something like that). In the same sense, the Saints have absolutely no reason to be full or satisfied. The Steelers are playing to get to the end of the season - the Saints are playing to make it to the playoffs. It could be a difference-maker.

I agree that it's the Saints, which is why i've predicted them to win all week. Pittsburgh's "Do or Die" game was last week, they lost. There's a lot of rhetoric coming from Pittsburgh (mostly from Joey Porter), but I think it's pretty hollow.

i have said it they will win, we will see the d very agressive, just like the atlanta game but maybe even more. we will beat them and i believe good. if that does not prove to most people this team is for real, t hen i dont know what will.
yes their record is 2-6. but they are better than a 2-6 team.
this coaching staff will have this team ready.
for sure i will have troble sleeping. im excited for it. i hate to wait till 415. but its so worth the wait.

The Saints are still hungry

The Steelers are still full..Supre Bowl hangover

Or another way to look at it...

Peyton vs Cowher

Saints have more on the line and they need to keep playing well to stay on top of the division.

Steelers are looking for answers and have no shot for the playoffs. Hopefully the steel will continue to melt...

I say we do, and if we jump out on them early by say 14 points, I think you will see the Steelers cave and the Saints roll. This Steeler team is on life support and it will not take much to pull the plug. However, on the flip side, if the Steelers stay close until late in the game, it will be a serious dog fight. I think you will see the same methodical Saints team we have become accustom to seeing every week.

agreed. we need to execute just like last week. jump out to an early lead, fight of the home field surge, and then wear out that tired defense in the second half.

It doesnt matter who is hungriest. all that matters is that we will be in white jerseys today and we are undefeated in white jerseys this season, you can through all the stats and in-depth analysis out the window

white+win lol

It is irrelevant who wants this game more.......I even venture to say that it is quite possible the winner of this game will not be the team who wants this victory more.... but the winner of this game will not have more turnovers than the loser...I BET!

So the correct answer is the team with less mistakes will win this game......and I just hope that team is the Saints!

who dat!!

Well, I hope they spent the whole week getting ready for Az because they are playing the Browns.

LOL ... My bad. Looked at the schedule to quickly. I'm sure you knew the point I was making - Browns/Cards = It's a game the Falcons should win.

Thanks again for the correction.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom