Saints Who was #1 in “air yds in the NFL (2019)? Yeah... ya boi Jameis (1 Viewer)

He can throw bombs and escape pressure. His advantage over Brees ends about there. I'm just not sure what makes Drew and other top QBs great can be taught. I hope I'm wrong. Winston has a humbling, young character to him that I really like. I hope being in New Orleans brings the best out in him and I feel stupid for doubting him.

He can throw bombs and escape pressure. His advantage over Brees ends about there. I'm just not sure what makes Drew and other top QBs great can be taught. I hope I'm wrong. Winston has a humbling, young character to him that I really like. I hope being in New Orleans brings the best out in him and I feel stupid for doubting him.
I think Winston will do fine. As long as he takes care of the ball N.O should win plenty of games. I think compared to Teddy Sean should be able to do more offensively with Winston

Well, I think both can be true. Brees has a consistent precision that very few (any?) QBs in history can match. Not to mention a chemistry and sense of timing with these WRs.

Jameis, on the other hand, has a much stronger arm and accurate deep ball.

They’re both gifts. The HOPE here is that Jameis’ ability to throw deep will make the underneath windows much wider. So Jameis won’t have to be as precise as Drew is because defenses have to respect the deep shots to Sanders, Harris, etc

That one play on Sunday where Jameis went play action and dumped it off to Kamara for a ~20-yard gain is a perfect example. When SF saw Jameis drop back, they ran backwards terrified of the deep ball. It was the easiest 20 yards Kamara has had all season.

Hopefully that’s a sign of things to come.

Was thinking on this earlier, so consider this:

The last two weeks have been our largest point differentials this season, but we're averaging 2 TO's per game in those two weeks.

So let's say JW does indeed get the QB1 job.

Now let's say hypothetically we clean up the fumbles going forward, but we still go on to average 2 TO's per game as a result of JW INT's, but the offense also becomes more explosive (like if we start moving the ball an extra 100-150 ypg or something and maybe score 7-10 more points per game)...are we in worse shape as a team? Would you take that trade off?

I'm legitimately asking, not arguing one way or the other.

The last two weeks have been our largest point differentials this season, but we're averaging 2 TO's per game in those two weeks.

Now let's say hypothetically we clean up the fumbles going forward, but we still go on to average 2 TO's per game as a result of JW INT's, but the offense also becomes more explosive (like if we start moving the ball an extra 100-150 ypg or something and maybe score 7-10 more points per game)...are we in worse shape as a team? Would you take that trade off?

Right. It’s obviously hard to answer in a vacuum. There are a lot of other things at play. Will we have Josh Hill and TQS available? They’re huge for what we do in the running game, which obviously plays into ball control, etc.

Is Lattimore good to go? I’d feel a lot better knowing we have him against Julio, Ridley, etc.

But if all things are equal, I think you’re willing to take a couple risks downfield if it means opening things up underneath.

One thing for certain, Mistakes by Winston can be overcomed due to his talents. With Teddy he had to play error free for Saints to have a chance to win the game

BINGO - Jameis had 3248 air yards in 2019.
When re-ordered, it's contains the magic numbers: 28, 3

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom