Who was the best Saints running back to be efficient at the screen pass not named Pierre Thomas? (1 Viewer)

sproles was first to come to mind but PT was the best I have seen, which I believe CEH reminds me of a bigger PT and would be an awesome screen play RB

Deuce was All around great, but wasnt the greatest in screen pass game. He did a lot better in that aspect once Drew and Payton arrived.
I'd go with sproles, Hilliard right behind.

Still think yall have Kamara too low. What's wrong with yall?

Deuce without question.

Best ever; Dalton Hilliard. Not even close. Go watch some of his highlights.

Thomas was the most patient and made the most of his abilities but I would have to go with Sproles. The Sproles Royce was just so dynamic and exciting. Truly a shame we didn’t get enough D together during his time.

I love Reggie too and I’m glad he was part of this but in all honesty he truly was more decoy than anything during much of his time here. And there is nothing wrong with being a decoy when it produces the leagues top offense.

Mark Ingram is not on the list but he was the closest to Pierre Thomas when executing the screen.

To me it's Ingram and Deuce. Once Ingram learned to be patient and wait on his blocking...he became a beast in the screen game.

I feel like we went away from it a great deal when Mark left. He sold it very well.

It goes Pierre, Mark then Sproles to me.

When Deuce was young he was hell on earth in the screen game. He could break one at any moment. Sproles and Bush were both lethal in the screen game. As Ingram matured as a player he became a really solid screen back as well. It's obvious that it was something he spent a lot of time working on.

But comparing any of these fine backs to Pierre Thomas isn't fair. In my lifetime as a football fan the two best screen backs I ever watched were PT and Brian Westbrook. Obviously there were backs who were better in the passing game overall but when it comes to that one particular aspect of the game, PT and Westbrook were a cut above.

It's hard to pinpoint why PT was so good at screens. He had the perfect combination for this specific play. Great balance, vision, acceleration, and most importantly, patience. It was a joy to watch him play.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom