Who was your Player of the Game? (1 Viewer)

TheSaints7

Die Hard Saints Fan.
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Interested to see what you guys think.

Nick Fairley finally showed what he can do, John Kuhn had a solid game and also B.W Webb was no slouch.

That Chargers receiver who fumbled the ball for no reason.

But seriously folks, Mr. Kuhn.

Nick Fairley, he was a force in the middle it infected the entire D-Line, which I think it can be really stout with Davison at nose. His sack on that final drive pretty much killed that drive, I remember after that sack me saying, 'Oh yeah, it's over now.'

Just imagine when a healthy Rankins is rotating in, and Breaux gets back.

John Kuhn is just a nightmare in the redzone. He was my player of the game on offense. Honorable mention is Ingram. Was effective on his runs today and had a few nice catches on some big downs. He definitely came to play.

Defense has to go to Nick Fairley. He was all over the interior of that online today. It would be nice to see him paired with Rankins and have Edabli on rotation next to them. Cam, Fairley, Rankins, and Kasim could be a good front four for us. Honorable mention is Vonn Bell. Continued to fight through the rookie growing pains and started the come back. Who said this guy couldn't tackle?

defense: Fairley. Beast, all day long. I can't wait until Rankins and Davison come back, this could be a really nice group of tackles.

offense: Ingram (I know Kuhn got the scores, but Ingram did the heavy lifting and did have over 100 yards total). That one play where he ran the wheel route and made the basket catch with the CB all over him was a thing of beauty. Remember when everybody said he wasn't a good pass catcher?

Mark Ingram was my player of the game. He made a couple of incredible catches coming out of the backfield and led all receivers in receiving yards and he had a number of really good runs, particularly in the first half. He gave Drew more options and opened some things up...He's unfortunately one of the Saints most under-appreciated players by many fans. Personally I'm a proud Mark Ingram fan and have been since he's been on the team. When Ivory left I thought it was one of the Saints hugest mistakes. However, I never wanted Ivory to replace Mark, I wanted both players and I still believe they could have been a great duo. Ivory seemed to have finally learned how to pass protect and catch passes out the backfield--showed these strengths last season. i wish he had developed these skills when he was with us otherwise I think he'd still be a Saint.

Morestead is having a pro bowl year, although I'd probably give a game ball to Webb

A close call btw Kuhn and Morstead. Both had oustanding days. A special mention to Kruger and Fairly who played very well as well

An unexpected win is just what the team needed heading into to bye week.

It's Ingram hands down IMO. He led the team in receiving and rushing yards. He had some huge plays and basically carried the team on his back down the stretch. He made the TD's Kuhn got possible yesterday. On the TD pass, he was wide open because Ingram was next to him in the flat. Defense had to choose and they chose Ingram and left Kuhn. Kuhn gets my second game ball.

Nick Fairley followed by Webb IMO. We don't win without those performances.

Kuhn's play was nice, but at the end of the day it's a couple of 1 yard runs and a gimmie pass reception. We almost assuredly score regardless. I'm exceptionally pleased with him, but I think Fairley was the most important player yesterday and Webb's plays in the late 4th were as clutch as clutch can be.

Defense- Fairly. Honorable to Stupar, he was all over the place

Offense - Ingram. Honorable mention, Kuhn.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom