Who we are going to draft. (1 Viewer)

PurpleBlack&Gold

FOOTBALL PLEASE!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I have no idea. I know everyone has their favorites as do I but to tell you the truth, I really don't care who we draft. As long as he gets on the field, THIS SEASON, and makes an impact, like a top ten pick should, I will be happy. In reality that's all we can really hope for anyway because there is no way of knowing who will be available when we pick or even who the FO has at the top of their list.

My wishlist for this draft:

Get two solid starters, preferably on defense at DT, OLB/CB in that order. This is hoping Vilma is full strength and I think he will be.

Get two decent backups.

Get a new special teams ace to replace the Gleasonator.

This would give five new players on the active roster.
Four would see a good amount of snaps.
Two would see the majority of the snaps.
Also, as much as most of the people that want a CB in the first don't want to hear this, it is very rare for corners to succeed in their rookie year.
This is one reason why I don't like drafting corners in the upper part of the first.
I think the top 10 to 12 guys should be day one starters depending on the depth of the particular draft and how many QB's are in there. This year it may only be about 8 or even 6 of the first 12.
I want to win now and it is very rare for corners to contribute in the first year, this is why I prefer a DT or LB at ten. Of course you could argue back that our corners after MM and now Gay and possibly Young could be beat out by a rookie but I just don't see it.

Regardless, if we can pull four solid contributors, for this year, from this draft I will be thrilled. Whatever position they may play. Actually at this point I would take one game changing starter on D at this point. Lets go get Dorsey/Ellis now, wahoo!

Ellis or Dorsey will fall in our lap! :D

I might cry if that happens and I agree with you that it might.
I rewatched the BCS Championship last night and man, I want Dorsey on this team really bad. More than I wanted P willy last year but only because I knew we had no shot at him. It's going to kill me if he falls a bit and we don't manage to get him. I think talent wise he and Ellis are pretty equal, I think he just separates himself with enthusiasm for the game. He's just a really fun player to watch and that, to me, is rare in a DT.

I think Ellis or Leodis. Maybe Dorsey falls due to injuries....maybe we trade down....or up.

**** it, I don't know.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom