Who were the worst starters on defense last season? (1 Viewer)

Jenkins has never filled the shoes of sharper, or even a jarius byrd.

Ellis....dude had like 700 snaps an did absolutely nothing but play patty cake.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Too many positions dependent upon other positions for success.

With a bad pash rush, the best DB's will be exposed, as we witnessed in the playoffs with Seattle and San Fran.

So with that being said, my vote goes to the entire D-line, then the LB's/CB's, then the Safeties.

But with a terrible DC and a square peg round hole stubborness, its impossible to identify any one player as the worst. All 11 stunk using Spags scheme.

I disagree on Jenkins. I feel like most of his errors came from being out of position, or not knowing the specific asignments. That can be said about P-Rob I think, as well, but I'm no expert, it's just the way I saw it. Harper however, really seemed to lack fundamentals at times, even playing "in the box", which was supposed to be his strenght. Will Smith underwhelmed as well, to say the least.

Jenkins is constantly the most out of position player I have ever seen. He has great talent and could be a nickel conner and one of the best ST players ever but that's not good for where he was drafted or what we expected.

It is hard to choose between a lot of players who were awful but I pick Jenkins. Aside from the outstanding play in the Tampa game, he was always out of position, and a rock could tackle better.

Gotta go with the corners. Not because they are actually bad players, but because they were the worst in spags crappy system

Their transitions didn't work...they lost coverages to over thinking

The linebackers were probably next worse

What I dont like is that the scheme clearly hindered everyone's abilities and injuries hurt us immensely at both corner and linebacker early on...then Jenkins went down late

You cannot blame the players for last season when just a year prior they had a pretty good year

All of them ... except Jordan, Lofton, and Hicks (when he did start).

If I had a nickel for every one of these threads I'd buy the Saints from Benson. These threads are pointless this arguement has been going for years, and only results in people pulling out those dumb made up stats known as ppf pff or what ever the heck.

If I had a nickel for every one of these threads I'd buy the Saints from Benson. These threads are pointless this arguement has been going for years, and only results in people pulling out those dumb made up stats known as ppf pff or what ever the heck.
Yeah those dumb things called stats...like the number of tackles Harper and Jenkins missed!:scratch::scratch::scratch::scratch:

Hawthorne, Jenkins, P.Rob, Ellis, Smith, Harper, Vilma...everybody that played in Spags D sucked last year in all honesty.

Ellis.. I don't recall him ever doing anything productive.

Yeah those dumb things called stats...like the number of tackles Harper and Jenkins missed!:scratch::scratch::scratch::scratch:

Missed tackles aren't a stat. What's a missed tackle? Is it when the ball carrier runs by you? Do you have to touch them? Things that require you to make a judgement call......pretty much everything that PFF does....is not genuine statistical evidence

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom