Who were the worst starters on defense last season? (1 Viewer)

As much as I like the guy and I truly think he's a great defensive mind, but:
x61042-e1344431726836.jpg

We were not good, but we definitely shouldn't have been the worst defense of all time.

EDIT:
As for the players, I think it kind of was a trickle down effect. Hard for a player to be productive when people around him are playing bad.

You don't get to be the worse on history unless its a total team effort or lack of.

our lbs left alot to be desired, yes lofton too. but i have to say will smith, the dude gets clotheslined every play it seems but its never called though. Robinson and Jenkins didnt do well neither on a consistent basis

Jenkins, harper and smith imo

I would have to throw in Ellis and Robinson, with an honorable mention to Patrick who is thankfully gone. These 6 are not NFL worthy and hopefully will be replaced but it may be too much to hope all of the incompetence and mediocrity is washed away in one season.

As much as I like the guy and I truly think he's a great defensive mind, but:
x61042-e1344431726836.jpg

We were not good, but we definitely shouldn't have been the worst defense of all time.

EDIT:
As for the players, I think it kind of was a trickle down effect. Hard for a player to be productive when people around him are playing bad.

Why do you think so? What about this defense screamed better than advertised? It was absolutely horrible at almost every position. I think that the title of worst ever was earned and deserved until proven otherwise. The link below spells it out pretty well and is quite disturbing if viewed with an unbiased eye, especially given the fact that the editorializing is done by a Saints fan.

http://blackandgold.com/saints/5530...players-2012-defense-special-teams-print.html

Too many positions dependent upon other positions for success.

With a bad pash rush, the best DB's will be exposed, as we witnessed in the playoffs with Seattle and San Fran.

So with that being said, my vote goes to the entire D-line, then the LB's/CB's, then the Safeties.

But with a terrible DC and a square peg round hole stubborness, its impossible to identify any one player as the worst. All 11 stunk using Spags scheme.

Well, as many times as we saw QB's throw to their first read and the pass rush get close but come up short we could just as easily surmise that the pass rush would have been a lot better if the DB's could cover anyone for even one second.

Johnny Patrick. Even though he didn't play much if he was in the game it was a guaranteed TD if thrown his way. Might be the worst CB in the NFL.

ALL OF THEM to include the POSITION COACHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When SPAGS got fired; "ALL" of the POSITION COACHES should have been fired to....

- there is no player maker on our defense
- tackling was terrible
- technique was bad
- didn't play with emotion/conviction and no heart!

Question: Why is the D-LINE coach (Bill Johnson) is still in New Orleans? He should have been the first to get FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I absolutely love the fact that Payton, who absolutely knows what went wrong with the defense last year, has not released any starters or defensive coaches from last year's defense. It has been over a month since his return.

But he fired Spags the first day he was back.

Maybe as Payton watched our exhibition game against Blaine Gabbert when he had a 135 passer rating, he figured who the problem was. Unfortunately he had to wait til his return to fire the culprit(s).

All of them!! There's not one guy on our defense that I can say I would not rather another player in the league. That's why I laugh when people suggest we don't need good players at any position on defense. We have no playmakers at any level! We could use a upgrade at all positions! Some are ok, none of them are special.

Exactly!... A more appropriate question might have been,

"Which 3 starters on D do we keep"?

I absolutely love the fact that Payton, who absolutely knows what went wrong with the defense last year, has not released any starters or defensive coaches from last year's defense. It has been over a month since his return.

But he fired Spags the first day he was back.

Maybe as Payton watched our exhibition game against Blaine Gabbert when he had a 135 passer rating, he figured who the problem was. Unfortunately he had to wait til his return to fire the culprit(s).

How about this!

Sean Payton doesn't have a clue when it comes to defense. Because if he did; he wouldn't keep hiring/firing defensive coordinators when it is clearly the "position" coaches that stink. "All of them" including Vitt...:covri:

Oh! I got it; he must be friends with the D-Line coach; who is below average.
Everyone in the league know we can't generate a pass rush or stop the run....so when will they mention the D-Line coach....:no:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom