Who were we moving up to get? (3 Viewers)

tim martin

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I have watched press conferences and looked online but no media member even asked Payton or loomis who the player was. Was it a CB or Mac?

I agree with what every mentioned about Horn or Surtain first and a shot at Mac. Mac is the only QB I think the Saints truly had on the radar, besides Book. What I like and what the Saints scouts and CSP liked are his base/feet. I can't say enough about a QB's feet and set up. He has some slow mechanics but an intangible that is great, and not seen as often as would like in college QB's, is the set up to a target for each read. He worked his feet well to show in his pro day his set up to his "reads"/"progressions". His other mechanics seem fixable. I think Book actually has better mechanics, besides the base "set up". Mac leans oddly in his throws and doesn't throw as upright as I would like which contributes to his more lofty deep passes. In the right situation, Mac can develop and fix these issues. I am glad we got Book, of any of them since translates best for a CSP project and his system.

We were looking to move, but weren't "selling the farm" for almost anyone, I feel. I really liked this draft and brought in players who are definite fits for their vision and the attributes/intangibles they bring for what we are going to do this season.

I think if Greg Newsome were still on the board when the Saints picked... they still would have selected Turner.
Had they really wanted Newsome, they would have moved ahead of Cleveland and got their guy.

If not, we would have heard something about how they tried to move up for Newsome but couldn’t get a deal done... but no... 🦗 🦗 🦗

Well I got one are so glad it didn’t happen. This team is too lose with there picks i think. I like quality over quantity but we’re not 1 player away right now

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom