Who were we moving up to get? (1 Viewer)

I think it was Horn or Surtain.
Which would have been ridiculous.

Would you want to give up 2 first round picks and a second round pick for a corner back? That's what it would have cost and maybe more.

Which would have been ridiculous.

Would you want to give up 2 first round picks and a second round pick for a corner back? That's what it would have cost and maybe more.
I agree, even the Jones talk was unrealistic. You don't jump from 28 to the top 10 for a non qb unless your name is Ditka. Even the Jones to Niners never made sense.

Detillier said it was initially Jaylen Waddle. Then, it was either Surtain or Horn. Then, it was Mac Jones. Then, they just sat and waited.

Detillier said it was initially Jaylen Waddle. Then, it was either Surtain or Horn. Then, it was Mac Jones. Then, they just sat and waited.
Glad they sat and not give up future first rounders for it.

It was Horn, but the “one QB” that we would make an exception for was for Mac Jones it seems. Apparently the asking price to get a chance at Horn was 3 first rd picks. Good thing we said no
Yep. I am a fan of trading up but that’s too much. Maybe 2 #1s and a 3. Would have loved any of those mentioned in this thread

It seems we were trying to move into the top 10 to pick Horn and then Surtain.

There is a Yahoo story that if New England had not picked Jones at 15, we had a trade in place with Arizona to pick him. I have no idea whether this story is accurate.

To be clear this year and next? That would be me
No chance. This year both teams would swap first round. Next year and the year after at least we would lose our first rounder. Going up that high requires at least that, not to mention other draft picks too.

No chance. This year both teams would swap first round. Next year and the year after at least we would lose our first rounder. Going up that high requires at least that, not to mention other draft picks too.
Yep. I said earlier that was too much. But next year and this years 3. Or maybe a2? I would have done that

Yep. I said earlier that was too much. But next year and this years 3. Or maybe a2? I would have done that
Yeah and I say that's a great deal. But knowing how much other teams had to pay just to move up a few slots, I can't imagine us moving 20 slots without paying a ransom

That's because ole Mike didn't really know....anything....

My best guess (and it is only that, not stating opinion as fact as so many seem to be doing) is that they were only going to be trading up only for a QB. Why would they trade multiple 1st round picks for another position? It would have hamstrung their ability to acquire the QB of the future for the next few years....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom