Who will be gone after this Season? (1 Viewer)

i personally like MM, but i dont think he fits in the plans of the coaching staff...
freddie is making way too much money as is craft, and that is why i think they will be gone. we can get something comparable for the same price...

im like most. i am enjoying the hell out of this team, win lose or draw. it wasnt too long ago that we had doubts as to if the saints would ever play in the dome again...

I always like these debates, we are just over half way through the season and people start thinking about the offseason!

I doubt seriously Deuce is not on this team next year and the year after that. Joe Horn is another story. As for Charles Grant, sorry, but I'm not impressed. I did read the article that Mike D wrote about some people coveting him but as far as I'm concerned I don't think he's worth a lot of money. I don't think any DE that only gets 6-7 sacks a year is all that. Really good DE's get 10 or more a year and their teams are usually the division champions and go to the playoffs every year. We're the kids looking through the window at the playoffs every year. I think we need to upgrade across the D-Line. Hollis is a keeper though.

I just don't want to see Craft or Copper next season. it seems to me they do more harm than good. It might be that I've never liked them and expect them to do bad.

MM has steped it up this year, teams hardly throw to his side no more. I just wish he could man up on the best WR no matter which side of the field there on. FT could be a pretty good NB, and surely he'd restruture. I want CG back, i just hope he don't get the big contract then relax and quit playing hard. DM definitly needs to be on this team and as far as JH, I hope he's here and i think he will. Devery depends on how he finish's the year. (if he can play like he did this past sunday, he will definitly be here also)

QB: We're okay. Maybe we lose Martin and go younger late in the draft.
RB: No change to the top 3
WR: Horn (960 yds/6 TDs in 14 games projected), Colston, and hopefully DH stay.
TE: If we replaced all of them I wouldn't complain, isn't ERic Johnson available?
OL: Keep Brown, Nesbit (maybe), Faine, Evans, Streif, maybe Stinch. Upgrade run blocking through the draft.
DE: Somebody said Franchise Grant, that's a great idea.
DT: Keep Thomas, resign who you can to 1-yr deals, get new guys thru draft. Open it up.
LB: Keep Fujita, the rest are backups, upgrade thru draft & FA
CB: Keep MM, FT, most of our budget for FA's should be spent here. No problem moving MM or FT to backup if we can upgrade. No high draft picks, we need them for OL, DL, LB's, and maybe a WR.
S: We've got Bullocks and Harper. We need a decent FA backup or two. Don't pick one too high in the draft.

Hoohah!

Mikeee

Fujita the only keeper! Shanle has been our best linebacker the last month. The more the season goes on the worse Fujita plays. Fujita has been starting for a couple of years now, and he is not getting any bette. This is Shanle's first season to start, and he is steadily getting better, always around the ball. Keep them both.

If DH gets a little more comfortable, and learns how to catch the ball better he will make the team. If Copper continues to improve and learns not to fumble then he will be on the team (also a very good SP team player). With those two, Colston and if Horn does not retire (I doubt) then I don't see the FO looking at WR anytime early in the draft. I expect a couple of late round picks (Colston/Hass) and that will be fine.
I read somewhere (I think Mike D said it) that Payton wanted to jettison MM before the season but could not afford to. Not sure why, because as many poster have pointed out he is playing good football right now. Freddie will be a great Nickel (restructure) and we can either upgrade in the FA market (prefered because it takes a while for a rookie CB to make the transition).
I still think a big run stuffer DT is a top priority in this draft. Resign Thomas and let the rookie get some reps to spell him and eventually replace him.
LB will need to be upgraded, but just incase, what we have is servicable so no need to reach in the draft. You could always look to FA for that as well.
OL depth and maybe an upgrade at LG and RT could be in order too (mid round picks).

And they're entire Defense.

screw that i don't want anything for duece, He aint going no where else, he's staying in the black and gold Hell no i can't see him in no other colors!

I couldn't have said it better myself! Nicely put.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom