Who will be gone after this Season? (1 Viewer)

only trade duece if the broncos will give up champ bailey

And they're entire Defense.

screw that i don't want anything for duece, He aint going no where else, he's staying in the black and gold Hell no i can't see him in no other colors!

The problem is that there a lot of teams out there that have tons of free money. If I remember correctly at least 8 teams are $20+ million under the cap. The players know it and they will want to test free agency or get a very good contract from the Saints.

Take Stinchcomb (a guy who was called a bust here just 5 months ago). He's a good guy, a hard worker, he'll be coming of a good season - and he's young. A lot of teams will try to get him and he knows that. To keep him the Saints will have to show him some money. I doubt the Saints could free up cash by releasing Deuce but things are different with Joe. His base salary alone will be $4.5 million next year. Is he worth it? Probably not. I'd hate to see him go but I'd understand if the FO decided to release him.

I wouldn't be surprised if we weren't big spenders in FA next year. we have alot of descions to make regaurding our upcoming roster, going to be taking some big cap hits in the future.

Stinch has done well. However, it may be the system, the qb or the coach. So far he has played good for a part of one season and been injured the rest of his career in the NFL. I doubt he will have many suitors if so let him go. He is too much of an injury risk to throw big money. Remember we have a good rookie on the bench.

Fred is getting paid shut down corner money. Which is ridiculous. They need to restructure or cut him and spend that money on someone that can cover.

McKenzie will be gone after this season. In fact, I think we'll see three new CBs to replace him, Thomas and Craft.

Horn is due about 5 mill nest year
F. Thomas = about 4 mill
MM = i think he is at 4 mill (maybe a bit more) - not a payton guy from reports

Deuce is up there, but loosing him would mean signing another big back (unless we are trying to copy the eagle offense as payton has eluded) - too much to risk and downgrade in talent to get rid of deuce and then add another back - and then you risk getting a player who complains about carries as well

grant - he will be costly, and i would love to see him back, but im not sure his production is top pay worthy - but he also could be hard to replace, Mike D said this past Sunday that he watches Saints games with NFL scouts and they are all there to see grant - so there will be a bidding war, and part of it will have to be how much he wants to stay -

Strief may have too good a future to keep him on the bench, he should be able to play RT fairly well - if you sign stinch, then zach sita as a backup or plays Left guard - Stinch has played 1 yr (not his fault i guess) but will want RT money, and im not seeing dominating run blocking on the right - Evans and Strief (who says he likes to run block) could be a right side for many years

Fred Thomas
Mike McKenzie
Charles Grant
Mark Simenou
Jason Craft
Jay Bellamy
Rodney Leslie

Joe Horn
Mike Lewis
Terrance Copper
Devery Henderson
Ernie Conwell
Billy Miller
John Carney

SORRY GUYS BUT THESE GUYS NEED TO BE GONE. I'LL HATE TO SEND HORN, GRANT, AND CARNEY ON THERE WAY BUT WE NEED TO GET YOUNGER AND FASTER.
ALSO TO FREE UP SOME MONEY TO GO AFTER SOME GOOD FREE AGENTS AND TO SIGN WOOLEY, WILLIS, AND CALVIN JOHNSON OUT THE DRAFT. NUFF SAID!!!

Last edited:
I saw someone else mention Fincher, but I thought he was already gone. Maybe he just hasn't played. At all.

I'd like to see us keep Grant, but I bet he bolts. Just a hunch. We need to resign Thomas, but I'm not sure how much he has left. 1-2 years would be good enough for finding a suitable replacement.

Craft has to go, and Thomas moves to nickle. They may try to make him restructure his contract if that happens. Whatever happened to Frito Lay? Did we sign him to the PS?

As far as Deuce and Joe, I think DM will be around. My hunch is that Joe retires when we win the SB this year. If by some chance we don't, then I bet he retires at the end of next season.

Letting Deuce go? So is that a suggestion that Bush can carry the load? I have yet to see that and I really don't think that he can do it. I hope he proves me wrong if Deuce is allowed to leave (traded for another RB or not).

Horn may be let go because I don't see Drew having any real connection with Joe. He seems like the odd man out right now and I wish that were not the case. The salary he will command will make that an easier decision. I hope he stays though.

We better not sign FT at whatever money he might ask for to be a nickleback. I love FT, but he has declined quite severely and I don't see him getting 3-4 Mill to be a nickleback. I'd rather test the draft market than to resign him for that much money.

We must sign Grant. Period. The money that could be potentially saved by letting go of JH and FT could be used for him.

Fred Thomas
Mike McKenzie
Charles Grant
Mark Simenou
Jason Craft
Jay Bellamy
Rodney Leslie

Joe Horn
Mike Lewis
Terrance Copper
Devery Henderson
Ernie Conwell
Billy Miller
John Carney

SORRY GUYS BUT THESE GUYS NEED TO BE GONE. I'LL HATE TO SEND HORN, GRANT, AND CARNEY ON THERE WAY BUT WE NEED TO GET YOUNGER AND FASTER.
ALSO TO FREE UP SOME MONEY TO GO AFTER SOME GOOD FREE AGENTS AND TO SIGN WOOLEY, WILLIS, AND CALVIN JOHNSON OUT THE DRAFT. NUFF SAID!!!

Mike Mckenzie needs to be gone? The only great DB we have needs to be gone? Everyone says hes not a payton type guy? Last time I checked Payton likes guys who get the job done without any attitude. Thats exactly what MM has done all season.

Also where do you think we are gonna that many WR's to replace the 3 you want gone? Noway we let Horn go. Also if you've noticed, without Conwell our blocking has diminished. He was a huge part of this team and we never knew it.

Simeanu is under contract and he won't be gone. And he doesn't need to be. We need a backup even if we sign a good MLB.

P.S. You do realize there is a picking system in the draft right? Unless we are drafting 2nd overall we can not and will not get Calvin Johnson.

Last edited:
Deuce has a longterm contract with the Saints. Why would we want to get rid of the best running back the team has ever had? He's gaining over four yards a pop and is still not fully recuperated from knee surgery. Do some people really think that Bush can carry the entire load at RB? I think Bush is improving and will become more valuable with more playing time, but he's a different kind of running back than Deuce, and we need both on the team.

Fred Thomas
Mike McKenzie
Charles Grant
Mark Simenou
Jason Craft
Jay Bellamy
Rodney Leslie

Joe Horn
Mike Lewis
Terrance Copper
Devery Henderson
Ernie Conwell
Billy Miller
John Carney

Man that sure is a lot of people to replace in one year i hope you are wrong we need most of these guys u act like we are 1 and 9 or something

Jason Craft
Jay Bellamy
Ernie Conwell
Fred Thomas
Mike McKenzie

that is 12M in space not including the ton of guys we have on Injured reserve (their contracts count against the cap, but they were put on IR so they could spread out the hit next year). We have a ton of money to sign grant, Hollis, Stinch, and address some of the need areas...

To think we are going to axe/trade Joe or Deuce is silly.
I said it at the begining of the season and I will say it again. We need 3 yrs to create a dominant team. We have a solid if not spectacular offense in the making (save a TE) and we will start to build the D next year, with and emphasis on depth come year 3.

We need to address the DBs, LBers, and DT. We have solid ends and we are not, I REPEAT, are not going to let go of Grant. We need to get some depth on the Oline, and a TE on the offensive side of the board...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom