Who Will Be Next? (1 Viewer)

MTDB1983

Very Banned
Reaction score
What we need is some free agent off the streets that’s been cast off by someone else to come in that locker room and show this team why we don’t lie down for anyone.

We need some scrappy Vet that’s on his last chance to prove he can make it in this league. We are a team that many pundits and followers of the NFL believe are on our last chance to win a SB under Drew Brees.

We need a guy whose persona we can adopt and start coming back to work in a muddy ole beat up Ford Bronco with a rusted out floorboard, lunchpail and hardhat in hand.

We need the Willie Sneads, the Anthony Hargroves, the Lance Moores, the Billy Millers, the Fujitas, the Ray Zellars, Lamar Smiths, the the Laroi Glovers, the scrappy guys who don’t care, who play every single down as if there is nothing to lose because the rest of the league stopped believing in them too. Some woebegone vet who is fighting for his career and who gets his hands dirty and gives everything to this team because he knows every game could be his last.

We need somebody that’s going to come in here and light a fire under this team and remind them that there are 52 other players on this team other than Drew Brees and if we play as a collective unit, fighting every single down for each other, then we can do this with or without him. We are not a team destined to fall by the wayside once he is gone. We have more hope than that. But while he is here, we are going to prove to the rest of this country and world that we are going to rise above the Bounty Scandals, the No-Call, the Vikings game. We were the underdog for 40 years and we are used to it. We need someone to personify that as so many street guys have done before.

This is who we need. So Who Dat Nation, who will be that next guy?

Last edited:
I get your drift, but it's just so hard to measure those intangibles. Who would have known Sharper or Fujita would have been such ballers for example? One looked like he was angling for his last contract, the other looked like he didn't have the talent to compete. Shockey too looked like a beat up shell of a man when he came here. You just cant measure a players pride or willingness to play above their heads.

I get what you’re saying, but the team thought Kurt Coleman was that guy last year and he bombed. This is probably the most talented roster top to bottom in the history of the Saints over the last 2 years. Heck, almost none of our draft picks made the team last year. Bring in a TE, draft BPA and let’s get to week 1 injury free and start this ride.

I get your drift, but it's just so hard to measure those intangibles. Who would have known Sharper or Fujita would have been such ballers for example? One looked like he was angling for his last contract, the other looked like he didn't have the talent to compete. Shockey too looked like a beat up shell of a man when he came here. You just cant measure a players pride or willingness to play above their heads.

This is a great post.

I get what you’re saying, but the team thought Kurt Coleman was that guy last year and he bombed. This is probably the most talented roster top to bottom in the history of the Saints over the last 2 years. Heck, almost none of our draft picks made the team last year. Bring in a TE, draft BPA and let’s get to week 1 injury free and start this ride.
I can appreciate that. But we just need to remember how to work. Lunch pail work.

There’s this receiver named Dez. He’s next. Bank on it.
I was always excited at the thought of having Dez wear the black and gold exactly for that reason -- the passion and fire he brings to the field. I hope we bring him back this season, even if his playing time is limited. I think what he can lend in confidence and toughness would be a nice addition to our young squad.

I was always excited at the thought of having Dez wear the black and gold exactly for that reason -- the passion and fire he brings to the field. I hope we bring him back this season, even if his playing time is limited. I think what he can lend in confidence and toughness would be a nice addition to our young squad.

He fits the profile the OP is talking of. Cut loose with a chip on his shoulder. Mad about it. I'd give up 2 draft picks for those kind of guys.

Jamie Collins- No idea why haven't any teams pursued him yet? Due to his laziness or constant missed tackles?
Suh-Kick the old tires
Berry-No way he stays healthy for a full season due to chronic injuries, but for leadership and to just be in awe for the plays that he is in.
Wilkerson-What happened? Again, kick the old tires.
Ansah-Again, injury concerns, but high reward.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom