Who will be our kicker Monday Night? (1 Viewer)

EUshQuXWsAESkZy.jpg

with so much roster turmoil, it's hard to imagine having 2 kickers on the gameday
i could maybe see them putting Johnson on the PS and having him be one of the callups if Lutz still isn't 100%

I'm thinking either Johnson for kickoffs and Lutz for field goals or probably just Johnson

Might as well merge this with the ref thread, depressing

with so much roster turmoil, it's hard to imagine having 2 kickers on the gameday
i could maybe see them putting Johnson on the PS and having him be one of the callups if Lutz still isn't 100%
I could be mistaken, but I believe that Johnson must remain on the active roster for three weeks.

It could depend upon the weather forecast. If precipitation is expected, it might be smart to let Lutz practice and get treatment for another week.

I could be mistaken, but I believe that Johnson must remain on the active roster for three weeks.

I can't see us wasting a roster spot on Johnson and him not playing. I'd be shocked if we saw Lutz before the 3 weeks were up unless Johnson absolutely stinks up the joint.
This. I fully expect Johnson to be handling kicking duties for the next 3 weeks while Lutz works back into form, making sure he’s recovered well enough to perform down the stretch.

This. I fully expect Johnson to be handling kicking duties for the next 3 weeks while Lutz works back into form, making sure he’s recovered well enough to perform down the stretch.

Say Lutz is healthy, looking excellent in practice. What happens if Johnson “pulls a muscle?” Could he not then be sent to IR and come to an injury settlement?

It doesn't mean he can't be inactive - I was just saying that he cannot be designated for the PS. He'll be benched as soon as Lutz is ready; that could be Monday night (which I doubt) or three weeks from now (which I also doubt). My guess would be that Lutz is our kicker in the dome vs. Tampa.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom