Who will be our kicker Monday Night? (2 Viewers)

krundlemoose

Resident Weirdo
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It doesn't mean he can't be inactive - I was just saying that he cannot be designated for the PS. He'll be benched as soon as Lutz is ready; that could be Monday night (which I doubt) or three weeks from now (which I also doubt). My guess would be that Lutz is our kicker in the dome vs. Tampa.
True, but that would mean someone else gets cut to have a kicker, that must remain on the 53-man roster for 3 games, inactive on game day. Meanwhile, Lutz doesn’t count toward the 53 for those same three weeks, unless activated early. I gotta believe the plan is to work him back in over the next three weeks, otherwise I don’t think they would’ve signed a kicker off another team’s practice squad. Timing just seems it lines up that way.

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
Say Lutz is healthy, looking excellent in practice. What happens if Johnson “pulls a muscle?” Could he not then be sent to IR and come to an injury settlement?
only if his name is Jack Johnson

JvilleJoe

Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I can't see us wasting a roster spot on Johnson and him not playing. I'd be shocked if we saw Lutz before the 3 weeks were up unless Johnson absolutely stinks up the joint.
I agree. Give Lutz another couple of weeks getting in kicking shape.

Fiyo

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
If it’s raining or even if the field is wet (and I know field turf dries fast), then I would definitely go with Johnson. We don’t want Lutz reaggravating an injury again because of a slip on a wet field.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom