Who will be our kicker Monday Night? (1 Viewer)

It doesn't mean he can't be inactive - I was just saying that he cannot be designated for the PS. He'll be benched as soon as Lutz is ready; that could be Monday night (which I doubt) or three weeks from now (which I also doubt). My guess would be that Lutz is our kicker in the dome vs. Tampa.
True, but that would mean someone else gets cut to have a kicker, that must remain on the 53-man roster for 3 games, inactive on game day. Meanwhile, Lutz doesn’t count toward the 53 for those same three weeks, unless activated early. I gotta believe the plan is to work him back in over the next three weeks, otherwise I don’t think they would’ve signed a kicker off another team’s practice squad. Timing just seems it lines up that way.

Say Lutz is healthy, looking excellent in practice. What happens if Johnson “pulls a muscle?” Could he not then be sent to IR and come to an injury settlement?
only if his name is Jack Johnson

I can't see us wasting a roster spot on Johnson and him not playing. I'd be shocked if we saw Lutz before the 3 weeks were up unless Johnson absolutely stinks up the joint.
I agree. Give Lutz another couple of weeks getting in kicking shape.

If it’s raining or even if the field is wet (and I know field turf dries fast), then I would definitely go with Johnson. We don’t want Lutz reaggravating an injury again because of a slip on a wet field.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom