Who will be the "suprise" cut for the Saints? (1 Viewer)

Herring, Smith, and Vilma are all obvious cuts.

I can see the guys in our secondary getting a 2nd chance under Rob Ryan's (assuming it's him) scheme as he uses a lot of man coverage which is what we've been building around since GW's time here. Patrick can breathe a sigh of relief.

Ivory won't be cut but we can't afford to give him a 2nd round tender so we'll give him an original round tender, someone will sign him to an offer sheet. I don't see there being many changes on offense since Payton's return will improve things.

Not that I am saying PT should be cut, but if you absolutely had to get rid of either PT or Ingram I would opt to keep Ingram. It really has nothing to do with the whole who's better argument either, it boils down to simple mathematics. PT is 28 and entering his 7th year in the league, while Ingram is 23 and entering his 3rd year in the league. Its clear they drafted Ingram to be the future RB for this team, and I love PT, but going into his 7th season, he is getting long in the tooth for an NFL RB.

Ingram has slightly better speed but thats about it. PT is better at breaking tackles, pass pro, route running, special teams, catching, u name it. I like Ingram but i keep PT around until i can confidently replace him.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Just can't see PT getting cut. I'd imagine the Falcons would be all over that and that would be a nightmare

Sent via Tapatalk

It's a bold prediction, but I think we will have a surprise draft day trade. - Mark Ingram

i was just thinking ingram could be the surprise cut. a trade for a pick would b nice but how high would it be. 5th? 4th next year?

i was just thinking ingram could be the surprise cut. a trade for a pick would b nice but how high would it be. 5th? 4th next year?

I think it would have to be in an effort to move up to spot. I think if they traded Ivory it would likely be for a 4th or 5th. But I can't see us starting the 2013 season with both Ivory and Ingram on the roster.

Example - Trade with Oakland to the number 3 spot - Mark Ingram + 2014 3rd round pick.

I watched that hour long SB special on the Saints about a week ago. It basically was a PT highlight reel. No way they get rid of PT. He played a huge part in hoisting up that trophy. I would really have to question SP on a decision like that.

Seems like every year there is that "shocker!" cut that happens. Who will it be this year.

i dont remember any "shocker" cuts

i think that fans are just waiting for their least favorite player to get the axe

truth is that any cuts that will happen are foreseeable....any cuts that arent made that fans are mad about, probably werent even realistic in the first place

we have a very strong group of players on both sides of the ball and payton and his staff have proven their loyalty to vets who play their hearts out. guys like PT, will smith, devery etc will likely retire in NO as saints.

dont forget that paytons loyalty to players has also made us an attractive free agent destination so its not a bad thing to keep players because it shows other guys we are committed to them

It's a bold prediction, but I think we will have a surprise draft day trade. - Mark Ingram
so you trade a player that you traded a first round pick for? My surprise will be someone on the offensive side, probably on Offensive Line. But none of the running backs. That cut coming next year.

I think if we FINALLY cut ties with Shanle I'D be surprised...

I'm really thinking Sproles might get traded. Best value of all the backs, and we'd still have great RBs. It became clear last year, that we don't need sproles. He's a weapon for sure but not a necessary one. PT,MI and CI would be a scary bunch if used correctly. Play PT every game and rotate MI and CI between games to keep them charged. Physicality is ensured, and we get to see more PT.

To humor this. I in no way wish it to happen, but id be shocked if Bunkley wasn't with the team. His size is not the best for the position he is going to be asked to play, but I'm sure he can be productive. Depends on the D.C. And his vision for the Defense once he comes in. Just to reiterate, I think there's a 0.1% this happens hence the "shock" factor

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom