Who will be this years big slider? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Every year a sure fire top ten pick slides for whatever reason. With that said, who do you think it will be this year? The homer in me hopes that Dorsey at least falls to us at 10, but my pick this year is gonna be Matt Ryan. I just am not sold on him and think that the second round guys are almost as good if not better and the teams at the top might wait til the second to draft their qb.

I've been saying McFadden will slide, although Ryan probably makes more sense than McFadden sliding.

I was thinking about Mcfadden as well, but talked myself out of saying it. I am thinking that he will still go high because of teams looking for the next Adrian Peterson.

McFadden, Dorsey, and Ryan....I dont think these specific 3 will go where most analyst and Mocks have them going.

Glenn Dorsey won't go past 5, but I hope I'm wrong ;)
Sedrick Ellis could fall because of subpar work outs but I'd hate to see him go to cincy right in front of us. If Matt Ryan doesn't get picked top three, The Ravens are his stop loss, cause after that he would definitely be out the top ten.

Who slid last year? How did he turn out?
Who slid the year before? How did he turn out?

right now, no one or two players in this draft is considered a consensus #1 pick so really you can't see anybody as a slider. if one of the two DTs fall to #10 then maybe yeah. but that is not likely....

what you might wanna consider is who is going to be the surprise top 10 pick, say a brohm to the ravens, or groves outta clemson, or maybe the phins taking gholston #1 overall?????

Who slid last year? How did he turn out?
Who slid the year before? How did he turn out?

Brady Quinn last year, too early to say, Alan Branch too. Leinart the year before? Aaron Rodgers before that. Hmmm, all QB's (except Branch, who I added in later)?

Last edited:
Brady Quinn slid last year. He was projected to go either one or two, then not past the top 10... he has yet to start and NFL game.

In 2006 it was Matt Leniart, who again was projected to go in the top five, and he slid to the Cardnials.

ESPN agonized over Aaron Rogers during his free fall... it's usually people who are invited to the draft's "Green room" for the big photo op at MSG/Radio City Music Hall when they get picked in the top five. When they aren't, then the audience is treated to shot upon shot of the disappointed looks, the staring blindly at the floor, and the usual rubbing of the shoulders by his frineds/family/agent until he is finally picked.

Randy Moss slid to the Vikings, but that was because of character concerns.

To me, the most famous slide was Thurman Thomas who went in the 2nd to Buffalo. He was projected to go high in the first, and he turned out to be a pretty good back for the Bills.

My projection is Matt Ryan only because he is a quarterback and recently they have done the slide... if Ryan gets past Baltimore, then he has the potential to slide pretty far down.

McFadden could slide, but he's not a Lawrence Phillips character risk... it would be more of teams not being impressed enough with his skills to take him in the top five.

I think KC might pull the trigger on Ryan. He and Herman Edwards looked quite chummy at his workout and Carl Peterson was also there. Brodie Croyle is a backup at best, so they may pull the trigger especially if Jake Long isn't there. I don't see anyone taking a huge tumble, but I think McFadden may drop if the Raiders don't take him.

Aqib Talib...and not b/c I think he's good, but b/c most of the clones think he's good. I believe this guy is the 5th or 6th best corner in this years class and he will fall to the late first to second round. Many "experts" expect him to be the #1 corner taken. I believe it will be Jenkins, DRC, McClevin, Flowers, Porter...then maybe Talib

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom