Who Will Break Out This Year? (1 Viewer)

Who Will Have a Breakout Season?

• Tre'Quan Smith

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • Erik McCoy

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Marcus Davenport

Votes: 43 37.4%
  • Trey Hendrickson

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Shy Tuttle

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • C.J. Gardner-Johnson

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • Deonte Harris (Specifically on offense)

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • Other

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KingNene

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Ignoring rookies, which Saints player will breakout for us this year. My personal thought is C.J. Garnder-Johnson who makes the leap to arguably the best slot defender in the league this year. Who do you all think?

Note: Breakout player means a young player (at tops this is his fourth year in the league) who's not a pro bowler or all pro, but who will take a leap to be those or are close to that level.

Ignoring rookies, which Saints player will breakout for us this year. My personal thought is C.J. Garnder-Johnson who makes the leap to arguably the best slot defender in the league this year. Who do you all think?

Note: Breakout player means a young player (at tops this is his fourth year in the league) who's not a pro bowler or all pro, but who will take a leap to be those or are close to that level.

To me it's a tossup between Harris and Tuttle.

CGJ has already broken out by the way he lit things up the second half of the season last year. I'm even more anxious to see the progress he'll make this year!!

Harris was an All-Pro his rookie year as a punt returner, so he already had a break out season. Unless you mean as a receiver.

If he stays healthy (both physically and mentally) and gets in prime shape, then my bet is Davenport having the biggest chance of making the pro bowl of the players listed.

I'm going to TQS For two reasons. First, due to improved health. He was beginning to catch on and be productive his Rookie year till injuries foiled it. After the Eagles game wasn't the same. Then in His second year the first and final few games he was productive after he got over ankle issues.

This year he will also breakout due to the added presence of Sanders. Now he will be drawing the 3rd or 4th best coverage person. I think also he will be a productive scoring threat. 10 TD receptions in limited snaps and receptions is quite impressive. Smith has shown he can make tough catches, now he just has to find ways to get a little extra separation.

I've always thought that Harris is on the same trajectory as Hill.

Payton loves him and is quick to heap praise upon him.

Harris proved to be an impact player on ST and towards the end of the year Payton starting to integrate him into the offensive gameplan sporadically.

I think we see him get more involved in his second year much like Hill did.

Also, Harris has a skill that no other receiver on the roster possesses. He is a true burner and dynamic in space.

The writing is on the wall that Harris is on his way to becoming an impact player on offense.

Also, I think Taysom should be on this list.

He has broken out, sure.

But every year we have seen him evolve. We are going to see him pass the ball a lot more this year and his impact is going to be immense enough for him to achieve an even greater level of hype.

Give me the guy who I’m confident will do what it takes during the offseason to take the next step forward...Deonte Harris.

Also, I think Taysom should be on this list.

He has broken out, sure.

But every year we have seen him evolve. We are going to see him pass the ball a lot more this year and his impact is going to be immense enough for him to achieve an even greater level of hype.

Spot-on Brother. And to back your position, the Saints are paying him $8 million a year to show how much of a huge impact they believe he will have, and not just riding the bench as QB2.

TQ - Done expecting anything from this guy. Seriously, I hope he turns into something, but I'm tired of counting on him every year and being disappointed. My fault, of course.

Hendrickson has reached his ceiling. Davenport is probably going to struggle with the foot for half the season. Tuttle was solid last season in a limited role. I could see him getting more action. Harris is an amazing return-man. I could see him more involved with the offense, but I doubt it's anything more than a limited role.

CGJ did break out last season, but is that even anywhere near his ceiling? He has my vote.

I’m going to go with a write-in candidate and say Alex Anzalone.

If AA can just stay healthy, he has the ability to be a near elite-level LB... we saw it 2 seasons ago, but he was still learning at that point as a 2nd year player coming off a rookie season cut short by... you guessed it, injury.

Anzalone stays healthy in the final season of his rookie contract, and he BEASTS.

I’m going to go with a write-in candidate and say Alex Anzalone.

If AA can just stay healthy, he has the ability to be a near elite-level LB... we saw it 2 seasons ago, but he was still learning at that point as a 2nd year player coming off a rookie season cut short by... you guessed it, injury.

Anzalone stays healthy in the final season of his rookie contract, and he BEASTS.

The fact that he wasn’t even included in the poll says a lot. I hope he can get his career back. But honestly, at this point I don’t even know how he is as a player.

The fact that he wasn’t even included in the poll says a lot. I hope he can get his career back. But honestly, at this point I don’t even know how he is as a player.

It’s unfortunate. He looked like he was going to be a heck of a player to me. We knew the risks when drafting him, though. I hope the latest surgery will give him his career back, but I’m not holding my breath at this point.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom