Who will coach LSU in 2017? (2 Viewers)

He's not leaving Florida State. It's a lateral move. What's to gain by moving to Baton Rouge?.
It's a lateral move that he would have made last season if TAF boosters kept their mouths shut and Joe Alleva had a spine.

If Jimbo wants to win games, then he should stay at FSU. If he wants to be considered among the games greatest coaches, he's going to need to find a school outside the ACC. Perhaps he just doesn't care for Tallahassee? Maybe he misses Anita Amber on tap. He could prefer the fertile recruiting grounds of Louisiana in which LSU enjoys the first choice of the best in the SE.

Maybe it's because LSU offers a metric ****-ton of money.

It's a lateral move that he would have made last season if TAF boosters kept their mouths shut and Joe Alleva had a spine.

If Jimbo wants to win games, then he should stay at FSU. If he wants to be considered among the games greatest coaches, he's going to need to find a school outside the ACC. Perhaps he just doesn't care for Tallahassee? Maybe he misses Anita Amber on tap. He could prefer the fertile recruiting grounds of Louisiana in which LSU enjoys the first choice of the best in the SE.

Maybe it's because LSU offers a metric ****-ton of money.

He can be considered one of the greatest if he stays. He preceded Bobby Bowden.

FSU fans might come sider him great, but history won't. He'll be another good coach who was at the only good school in the conference and beat up on nobody's, just like Bowden. Bowden was considered mediocre for years until he finally found a good kicker.

Anyway, I don't know why he'd come and frankly I don't care why. I just know he was about to last year. No reason why he wouldn't this year, but it's going to cost LSU at least as much as Bama is paying Saban.

FSU fans might come sider him great, but history won't. He'll be another good coach who was at the only good school in the conference and beat up on nobody's, just like Bowden. Bowden was considered mediocre for years until he finally found a good kicker.

Anyway, I don't know why he'd come and frankly I don't care why. I just know he was about to last year. No reason why he wouldn't this year, but it's going to cost LSU at least as much as Bama is paying Saban.

If LSU pays anyone more than Saban, then they're stupid. No coach is worth that much money. I think coaches on the top end make entirely too much money as it is.

At this point, I don't think the Governor can stop Miles from getting fired. LSU will lose 4 games at a minimum this year on a team loaded with veteran talent. You go from potential Nat'l Championship aspirations to the cellar of the SEC.....and the same old problems hold the team back. I've always supported Miles, but it's time.

I don't have much faith in Alleva, though. He really made a mess last year. They will likely screw up and hire someone like Kiffen. We'll be in worse shape in 4 years than we are now.....

If I had my choice, I'd go after Nick Saban. I heard his wife misses Baton Rouge!

He's not leaving Florida State. It's a lateral move. What's to gain by moving to Baton Rouge?

I'm glad not everyone takes this attitude but I question why you do?

LSU offers big money, a hotbed of talent with no other instate rival, the SEC and he'd still have Florida prospects to recruit - A stadium that holds 100k plus and neither it, nor the field is named for a former coach. Fl St holds @ 83k? Not even close. And that stuff matters to coaches. Heck, imo Ufla is a better job than Fl State.

LSU is a program, and Tiger Stadium is a place that offers a coach a unique opportunity to stake a claim and make a real name for himself. Saban could have had that but wanted to go to the NFL - where he failed miserably. What Saban did though is prove my point. He had immense success here so there is no reason others can't too. People want to believe that Saban is godlike but I think that's bunk. He can be beat.

Why do you believe it to be a lateral move?

If LSU pays anyone more than Saban, then they're stupid. No coach is worth that much money. I think coaches on the top end make entirely too much money as it is.
I think it's well established that LSU is stupid. They botched the hire last year. Now it's going to cost them. When Jimbo beats Saban and wins a NC, no one is going to care how much he makes.
In that order. And FWIW, I'm not all that enamored with Jimbo. He's a good coach, but there are others I'd rather have. He might be in my top 5 though.
I don't get the fascination with Herman. He's had 1 good season. Jimbo brought FSU back to relevance and won a NC. I can't understand why people think they're equal.

I'm glad not everyone takes this attitude but I question why you do?

LSU offers big money, a hotbed of talent with no other instate rival, the SEC and he'd still have Florida prospects to recruit - A stadium that holds 100k plus and neither it, nor the field is named for a former coach. Fl St holds @ 83k? Not even close. And that stuff matters to coaches. Heck, imo Ufla is a better job than Fl State.

LSU is a program, and Tiger Stadium is a place that offers a coach a unique opportunity to stake a claim and make a real name for himself. Saban could have had that but wanted to go to the NFL - where he failed miserably. What Saban did though is prove my point. He had immense success here so there is no reason others can't too. People want to believe that Saban is godlike but I think that's bunk. He can be beat.

Why do you believe it to be a lateral move?

I gotta admit I'm watching this from the sidelines since I'm a fan of USC.
And just from the looks of it Florida State has been one of the top programs in recent memory. In my lifetime, FSU has LSU in national championships, 3 to 2.
In my opinion, there is no difference between going to LSU and Florida State. If Jimbo was coaching at LSU and rumored to go to FSU, I would say the same thing.
There's no difference in exposure. Both get national recognition. Each get a good amount of prime time national games.
But my point is, don't put FSU in the category of Western Kentucky or UCLA. It is a top program.

Who I'd love to get is Fischer or Herman. More than likely LSU will hire Fedora or some guy we have never heard of.

Money talks, playing in a bottom tier power 5 conference and as the 3rd fiddle in CA, it's not as appealing as The Red Stick.

Well, he just signed a two year extension in June, has made significant inroads into USC's recruiting base, and has one of the historically better football programs on the road to prominence once again. So I don't think that his opinion of the quality of his job quite matches yours.

In a bit of irony, LSU's F King Alexander botched the coup last year due to money concerns.....that gaffe will end up costing LSU even more money this time around.

#funnynotfunny

Too me Herman is ine if thise fkash in the pan kind of coaches, at least that is the way it feels.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom