Who will coach LSU in 2017? (1 Viewer)

I'm not sure it exists but I'd love to see LSU get a young, dynamic coach who can come here and create a lasting legacy.

Mentioned it in another thread but PJ Fleck from Western Michigan would be that guy. Jeff Brohm would be another guy with what I consider to be the chops to potentially build something at LSU.

I would love for us to go after Gary Patterson at TCU. I think he might have just signed an extension though. But he would be soooooo good with the players we have and he wouldn't have to compete with UT, A&M, Baylor, SMU, Houston, etc. in the state of TX.

I would be okay with Herman, just makes me nervous that if he does suceed how long till he bolts and goes to the Nfl ala Saban???

I want a coach who wants to build a dynasty at LSU and has not plans on going anywhere else.

oh, I don't want anything to do with Petrino, Briles, or Kiffin. PR nightmares, and not good people.

Ha, I was a lot drunk and ****** off last night. I was shocked to see Miles fired today but I'm not feeling bad for him. And if they hire Art Briles, I won't watch any games. He looked the other way on news of females getting raped by his players. That's despicable. By given Allevas history with the Duke rape case, I guess Briles is his kind of guy.

No offense taken. Sorry if the thread came off as offending. Living in Louisiana (even being a Michigan fan) you have to follow LSU otherwise you are left out of a lot of conversations.

What about the ULL coach (Hudspeth). He has been very successful at ULL with inferior talent. Why wouldn't LSU come knocking for him?

So LSU has already spoke with Agents of Herman and Briles. Briles? Hopefully it was LSU saying hello when his agent called us!

I would love for us to go after Gary Patterson at TCU. I think he might have just signed an extension though. But he would be soooooo good with the players we have and he wouldn't have to compete with UT, A&M, Baylor, SMU, Houston, etc. in the state of TX.

Gary Patterson has a statue on TCU's campus. Might want to cross him off the list.

I hope it's not Briles. I don't want a major scandal like that at LSU. I'd rather lose.

LSU needs to go full Herman or bust.

No to Petrino and Briles. If I had to pick between the two, I'd hold my nose and go with Petrino. Briles is nuclear in my opinion.

I would be okay with Herman, just makes me nervous that if he does suceed how long till he bolts and goes to the Nfl ala Saban???

I want a coach who wants to build a dynasty at LSU and has not plans on going anywhere else.

oh, I don't want anything to do with Petrino, Briles, or Kiffin. PR nightmares, and not good people.

I love Gary Patterson but I really don't think he'd leave.

What about the ULL coach (Hudspeth). He has been very successful at ULL with inferior talent. Why wouldn't LSU come knocking for him?

You know, two years ago he was a name popping up in coaching searches but he chose to stay and build at ULL, which I love him for as I am from Lafayette and root for the Cajuns all the time, expect for when they play LSU (although most ULL fans won't do the same).
I feel he is a very good coach, but he might have missed his window. If you would have asked me two years ago, I would say take him right now, but his teams have struggled the past two years and they don't look very good this year. So I would have to say No at this time, but I know he is a good coach and person.

Man, could you imagine the reaction of ULL fans if Hud left for LSU???? :covri:

You know, two years ago he was a name popping up in coaching searches but he chose to stay and build at ULL, which I love him for as I am from Lafayette and root for the Cajuns all the time, expect for when they play LSU (although most ULL fans won't do the same).
I feel he is a very good coach, but he might have missed his window. If you would have asked me two years ago, I would say take him right now, but his teams have struggled the past two years and they don't look very good this year. So I would have to say No at this time, but I know he is a good coach and person.

I would have been the first in line to grab a pitchfork. :hihi: ULL is my alma mater so, ULL is first in my book. :9:

I'm glad Hud stayed at ULL. He's a really good coach, but this year there's been some weird stuff going on and I dunno what the deal is. Hopefully it's just temporary and nothing to do with Hud.

Bobby Patrino

I'm not interested in going anywhere. I'm very fortunate to be the head coach here at the University of Louisville, very happy about that. I'm very glad that I got the support of our athletic director, Tom Jurich. We were able to sit down last year and do a new contract. We're going to expand the stadium. We're coming off one of the greatest crowds and Card Marches that I've been around, and we feel like we've got everything going in the right direction.

"This is the job I want. This is where I'm going to be."
Bobby Petrino talks Clemson, Lamar's Heisman attention and the LSU job - Card Chronicle

Translation: I'd only take that job if they offered it to me., because this place sucks.

Bobby Patrino

I'm not interested in going anywhere. I'm very fortunate to be the head coach here at the University of Louisville, very happy about that. I'm very glad that I got the support of our athletic director, Tom Jurich. We were able to sit down last year and do a new contract. We're going to expand the stadium. We're coming off one of the greatest crowds and Card Marches that I've been around, and we feel like we've got everything going in the right direction.

"This is the job I want. This is where I'm going to be."
Bobby Petrino talks Clemson, Lamar's Heisman attention and the LSU job - Card Chronicle

Translation: I'd only take that job if they offered it to me., because this place sucks.

Lol, I guess reading between the lines is an art form. :9:

Can't imagine LSU fans would be thrilled with poach a coach from ULL or any other school in state as the "big hire"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom