Who will return kicks? Roby or Meachem? (1 Viewer)

Yeah, I'd much rather see both Meach and Roby deep and leave Bell for the O.

When it comes to KR: Roby > Meachem
Having Roby back there is a no brainer.

Truth. I feel like Meachem is adequate, but didn't read some of the blocks thrown for him.
Roby seems quicker to me, besides why risk injury to Meachem for doing a job that Roby could do just as well ?

Meach looked hesitant, but I think Roby was signed to fill the gunner role more than anything.

Meach Did looked hesitant and he dont cut very well,,,long stride physical runner,,,Roby is the more fluid athlete for KR.

Roby is a better option but you guys are being too hard on Meachem.

In his first game as a kick returner ever he went out and averaged the same yardage as Roby averaged last year (24.7 vs. 24.8). If he doesn't slip on that one return he probably ends up over 30.

I think re-signing roby and the return of Usama Young will really help out both the kick coverage and the punt coverage teams, as i recall Young being one of if not the best special teams player the past two seasons

Why not use Roby and Bush on KO returns. Bush's role on this team is going to be lessened the better the other running back's play. Why not use him to his full potential? Never bought the injury excuse. If you don't use him at what he's good at, then what's the point?

Why not use Roby and Bush on KO returns. Bush's role on this team is going to be lessened the better the other running back's play. Why not use him to his full potential? Never bought the injury excuse. If you don't use him at what he's good at, then what's the point?
Bush has too much trouble holding on to the rock.

Attachments

• butterfinger.jpg
    butterfinger.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 21
From today's WWL-TV.com "Eye on Black and Gold" e-mail:

When the Saints brought back Courtney Roby, the initial thought was why? HC Sean Payton gave us the answer, saying he was looking for better coverage and another returner. Payton said he was pleased with WR Robert Meachem's returns, but said Roby is now the No. 1 return man.

From today's WWL-TV.com "Eye on Black and Gold" e-mail:

So the answer is both. I still think it had more to do with his special teams play as a gunner. But we all know that Payton likes to get the most use out of every player, so he figured we might as well make him the #1 KR and get Meachem more involved in the offensive gameplan. Makes sense. I think he was pleased with Meachem in that respect, but there's no need to have him do it if we have a player that's a little more expendable that can handle kickoffs and has proven to be good at it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom