Who will return kicks? Roby or Meachem? (2 Viewers)

I know this sounds funny, but can Harper start returning punts or kickoffs soon? I love his vision and explosiveness.....

He's going to stay inactive. They'll be activating Roby for ST's play alone every week. Harper won't see the active list this season until there are injuries.

The special teams master Ron Harper.

I agree with this. As good as Meach did, he looked a little tentative at times.

Meachem moves pretty poorly laterally it seems. As long as he has a lane and keep going straight ahead he looks good but if someone comes unblocked he gets into trouble. Roby has better change of direction and can still make something happen.

My guess is Roby returns kicks. On the surface, Meachem appeared to do a decent job against Detroit, because he had 2 long returns, 42 and 41 yards. He had 148 yards total on 6 returns. If I remember correctly, he had huge running lanes on both of his long returns. Take away those yards, and he averaged just over 16 yards on his 4 other returns, which is not good. Of course, the blocking may have been poor on those returns, but I just don't think that he's an instinctive KR. I say let Roby return kicks and let Meachem do his thing as a WR.

My guess is Roby returns kicks. On the surface, Meachem appeared to do a decent job against Detroit, because he had 2 long returns, 42 and 41 yards. He had 148 yards total on 6 returns. If I remember correctly, he had huge running lanes on both of his long returns. Take away those yards, and he averaged just over 16 yards on his 4 other returns, which is not good. Of course, the blocking may have been poor on those returns, but I just don't think that he's an instinctive KR. I say let Roby return kicks and let Meachem do his thing as a WR.

You can't "take away" a guys best returns and then say "look he's not good."

Makes no sense. He crossed the 20 4 of his 6 returns. Once he slipped on what looked to be a good return in the making, the other the coverage blew it and he had 2 Lions in his face at the 10 yard line.

Devery returned kicks for LSU. They should give him a shot.

You can't "take away" a guys best returns and then say "look he's not good."

Makes no sense. He crossed the 20 4 of his 6 returns. Once he slipped on what looked to be a good return in the making, the other the coverage blew it and he had 2 Lions in his face at the 10 yard line.
Maybe "take away" was a bad choice of words. Obviously he made the returns, but I don't think it took any special talent to make them. In the end, I like Roby as a KR a little more.

Ron Harper? The Guy from Michael Jordan's Bulls Teams? When did we sign him? He might be a little old in the tooth...

Allright if your going to pick on him for say Ron instead of Rod:

It's long in the tooth - not old in the tooth :ezbill:

Meachem is behind Roby now on Depth Chart for KR according to WWLTVSPORTS twitter:

One thing I forgot to mention Wednesday: Meachem has been moved behind Roby on the KO return depth chart. It's Roby and Bell deep for kicks.

Meachem is behind Roby now on Depth Chart for KR according to WWLTVSPORTS twitter:

I don't like it. Making Roby the primary is fine, and I understand Meachem is getting a bigger role on the offense, but I don't wanta see Bell back deep with the way he's been running on O.

This could mean a larger role for PT this first week back then most thought.

I really like what Roby showed in KR last year, I hope he gets a chance to prove himself.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom