Who will return kicks? Roby or Meachem? (1 Viewer)

morals99

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I can't find any fault in what Meachem did, he was actually outstanding. Has Peyton spoken about the KR duties since the Roby signing?

I know this sounds funny, but can Harper start returning punts or kickoffs soon? I love his vision and explosiveness.....

i think Roby as Meachem may start seeing extended time in more packages. Payton did hint@ was he getting enough snaps for him, as he did specifically use Meachem's name.

As of note i noticed that a few people said Colston looked a bit injured so we could see his snaps decrease @the same time. Heck i dont know just a thought

I can't find any fault in what Meachem did, he was actually outstanding. Has Peyton spoken about the KR duties since the Roby signing?

I don't think the Roby signing had anything to do with Meachem's returns and had everything to do with his ST play as a gunner. We gave up some long returns as you remember, and maybe with Roby here we don't give up those returns. Who knows though. Maybe they'll give the returns to Roby and have Meachem take more snaps at WR.

I don't think the Roby signing had anything to do with Meachem's returns and had everything to do with his ST play as a gunner. We gave up some long returns as you remember, and maybe with Roby here we don't give up those returns. Who knows though. Maybe they'll give the returns to Roby and have Meachem take more snaps at WR.

That sounds very logical. I hope your right b/c I have Meachem in a fantasy league that awards points for kickoff return yardage.

I think it also has to do with Meachem possibly being even more involved in the offense in upcoming games (but you're right his returns weren't bad)

I think Roby will be deep with Meachem serving the role Mike Bell had against the Lions - the secondary returner in front of the deep man.

Payton said they brought Roby back mainly to help out as a special teams gunner, but that they also recognize his ability to return kicks. My guess would be that since they would activate Roby on gameday for his special teams coverage skills, they'll also throw him in there at KR and save Meachem for the offense.

I know this sounds funny, but can Harper start returning punts or kickoffs soon? I love his vision and explosiveness.....

I see kind of what your saying bro...but please think back to the vikings game before you make these comments. Reggie Bush is 100x more explosive. Reggie Bush is 100x faster. Reggie Bush is 100x Awesomer.

the dude had one bad game man! he had 2 plays in the preseason, and was out for the week before the game!! ITS JUST RUST DONT PANIC! :idunno:

and to answer the question. We could possibly have both of them in back, have a dual KR pair and have the one who doesn't return it do the blocking. If not that, I think Roby would do it. Save meachem for the 60 yard passes!

As stated I think we'll see both Roby and Meach returning KO's especially with Bell seeing a lot of time at the RB position.

Also Roby is a great gunner and will help fix some of the problems we faced FO and Punt Return coverage. And it's nice that Usuama will also be back in special team line-up. This will def. bolster our coverage units that looked so horrible last weekend.

this

i don't think the roby signing had anything to do with meachem's returns and had everything to do with his st play as a gunner. We gave up some long returns as you remember, and maybe with roby here we don't give up those returns. Who knows though. Maybe they'll give the returns to roby and have meachem take more snaps at wr.
:00000654:

Roby. Quicker and more instinctive kickoff returner than Meachem.

I think Pierre Thomas will be back at the KO roll, especially since Mike Bell has looked so good.

Someone mentioned Harper, but he will likely stay inactive for a while.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom