Who will yell "you lie" (1 Viewer)

lapaz

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
When Trump gives his first address to congress, if he has gone back on his promises, does anyone expect civility or will someone yell you lie?

BIGSAINTSFAN

Retired "USMC" Warrior
Reaction score
That moment in history had more to do with the color of Obama's skin than anything else. Trump will be right at home with that group.

Dre

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Jesus, quit acting so whiny. Let's just move forward instead of starting these petty threads.

Saint by the Bay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I hope nobody. I don't want to see people stooping to the kind of behavior we've seen the last 8 years. Let's try and restore some dignity to the institutions, because right now we are in the gutter.

BIGSAINTSFAN

Retired "USMC" Warrior
Reaction score
i hope nobody. I don't want to see people stooping to the kind of behavior we've seen the last 8 years. Let's try and restore some dignity to the institutions, because right now we are in the gutter.

and trump is just the man to pull us out if this gutter, hmmmm.

BIGSAINTSFAN

Retired "USMC" Warrior
Reaction score
Jesus, quit acting so whiny. Let's just move forward instead of starting these petty threads.

Unfortunately, that is exactly why bigotry, racism, and other problems go unsolved. Far too many are more than willing to bury the truth and say nothing in hopes that nothing said means progress. Before Obama took office I am sure some would say that race relations were good, but unfortunately the only thing that was good is the fact that it was buried and not spoken. Obama's election gave rise to dialogue on both sides. This dialogue is what brought back from the dead the racist thoughts from both sides. To some I am just preaching to the chior, but to others I strike a chord in their history that they prefer stay buried.

Saint by the Bay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
and trump is just the man to pull us out if this gutter, hmmmm.

No, but how Democratic politicians react to him can. No shouting "you lie", no winking and nodding to conspiracy theories about his birth, religion or putting Texas citizens in FEMA camps, no setting new records for Cloture procedures...

In other words, act like adults.

ilvdsnts

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Unfortunately, that is exactly why bigotry, racism, and other problems go unsolved. Far too many are more than willing to bury the truth and say nothing in hopes that nothing said means progress. Before Obama took office I am sure some would say that race relations were good, but unfortunately the only thing that was good is the fact that it was buried and not spoken. Obama's election gave rise to dialogue on both sides. This dialogue is what brought back from the dead the racist thoughts from both sides. To some I am just preaching to the chior, but to others I strike a chord in their history that they prefer stay buried.

WRONG, it gave people an excuse to play the race card every time someone disagreed with Obama's policies. You can't point out anything you disagree with Obama on without having someone say its because he is black.

OP
lapaz

lapaz

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Well Politfact says the bill doesn't give immigrants subsidies to buy insurance, but they can buy insurance on the exchanges. Per Politifact, here is what the bill says:

"One place where the bill does mention immigration status is for "affordability credits." These are tax credits for people of modest means need to buy health insurance. The credits would help them buy insurance on a national health insurance exchange. The bill specifically says that people in the United States illegally are not eligible for tax credits, on page 132, section 242."

Joe Wilson of South Carolina said Obama lied, but he didn't | PolitiFact

Regardless, the question I asked is will anyone call Trump out as they did Obama. Trump has already apparently backtracked and/or lied about many things he promised. If during his address to congress, he makes claims that aren't true, then it would only be fair for someone to give him the same treatment. Honestly, I agree that that is inappropriate behavior for congressmen, so I'm not hoping for it, unless it is really egregious. Knowing Trump, there will be many egregious claims.

OP
lapaz

lapaz

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
WRONG, it gave people an excuse to play the race card every time someone disagreed with Obama's policies. You can't point out anything you disagree with Obama on without having someone say its because he is black.

WRONG! When people offered substance in their arguments, then most people responded in kind, without resorting to racial attacks. However, there were many Tea Partiers in particular that used racial epithets and signs rather than using reason. As long as you're not listening to Breitbart or other trash sites, you'll hear reasoned arguments on both sides.

saintsfan26

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Well Politfact says the bill doesn't give immigrants subsidies to buy insurance, but they can buy insurance on the exchanges. Per Politifact, here is what the bill says:

"One place where the bill does mention immigration status is for "affordability credits." These are tax credits for people of modest means need to buy health insurance. The credits would help them buy insurance on a national health insurance exchange. The bill specifically says that people in the United States illegally are not eligible for tax credits, on page 132, section 242."

Regardless, the question I asked is will anyone call Trump out as they did Obama. Trump has already apparently backtracked and/or lied about many things he promised. If during his address to congress, he makes claims that aren't true, then it would only be fair for someone to give him the same treatment. Honestly, I agree that that is inappropriate behavior for congressmen, so I'm not hoping for it, unless it is really egregious. Knowing Trump, there will be many egregious claims.
That article was from 2009. A bit outdated.

KingBarkus

King of Nuttin'
Reaction score

Koskinen is certainly no Republican and talks of his impeachment were aired earlier this year. He admits there were improper payments to illegals, and the government is trying to recoup those monies. Good Luck with that.

In a July letter to Johnson, IRS Commissioner John Koskinen assured that the agency is “committed to identifying and efficiently addressing” improper payments. He reiterated that anyone “not lawfully present” who enrolls for ObamaCare coverage “must repay” the advance premium credit payments, and would be breaking the law if they don’t.

I rule the Fox article was accurate.

OP
lapaz

lapaz

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That article was from 2009. A bit outdated.

But it is still true. The bill did not change the status quo and specifically stated that illegals shall not get subsidies. So Obama didn't lie. That the exchange lacked enough to enforce that is another matter, and as the link you posted notes, the inappropriate subsidies are being sought.

This is beside the point of this thread. Whether Obama lied or not, whether justified or not, IF Trump makes egregious claims during his address to congress, should or will anyone yell out he lied? That spectacle made a big impact. If Wilson is still there, and he isn't a hypocrite, he should yell it. I don't expect him to yell anything.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom