Who won tonight’s quarterback battle? (1 Viewer)

Who won tonight’s quarterback battle?

• Jameis

Votes: 307 92.5%
  • Taysom

Votes: 6 1.8%
  • Trevor

Votes: 9 2.7%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 6 1.8%
  • Nobody

Votes: 4 1.2%

• Total voters
I would also beg to differ about the Sheet system etc. That same Sheet system won the SB a year later.

In 2019 they had a top-three defense. His 5000 yards were large because they also were a button three rushing team. Their downfall was almost exclusively due to gifting inferior teams with turnovers.
Two Points....

1.) That sheet system was getting Brady killed until Brady forced a sheet coach to change the system mid season.

2.) Let's stay with facts to back up our arguments. The 2019 Tampa defense was ranked no where near the top 10 let alone top 3. They were 19th overall and 29th in points given up. Their downfall was giving up 28.1 points per game. It's the reason Winston was throwing the ball all over the field. They were playing from behind pretty much all season.

Look, I am not arguing with you that JW will and maybe should get the nod.

I do want to clear up a few things you misunderstand about my points. Two TDs per game is not unusual. However, two consecutive deep TD's per game that both travel 31 or more air yards past the LOS is not the same thing. The latter is highly unusual.

I would also beg to differ about the Sheet system etc. That same Sheet system won the SB a year later.

In 2019 they had a top-three defense. His 5000 yards were large because they also were a button three rushing team. Their downfall was almost exclusively due to gifting inferior teams with turnovers.

Will he excel this year given all the advantages people point to or regress back to his mean?

Looks like we are going to get to find out.

My one true hope for 2021 is to see Taysom play defense. I think what he brinks to punt blocking directly translates into edge rushing,
Lol NO! The same system did not win the SB. It didn’t even make the playoffs. It got scratched a month or so into the season by Brady and they took more of a NE style offense. This year they’ve said to have dove further in to the NE style and it’s almost all NE’s offense as far as scheme and plays.

Look, I am not arguing with you that JW will and maybe should get the nod.

I do want to clear up a few things you misunderstand about my points. Two TDs per game is not unusual. However, two consecutive deep TD's per game that both travel 31 or more air yards past the LOS is not the same thing. The latter is highly unusual.

The beauty of it is it doesn't matter if it ever happens again. The fact that it's even possible changes the way a defense plays against our offense. Teams are basically going to have to decide if they want to get killed by Kamara or the deep ball.

Taysom can only run the training wheels version of Sean's offense. He is only making simple reads on half the field. Every QB on the roster can run Sean's offense better than Taysom. Taysom hasn't made the other players around him better, and requires the best players to be successful. Btw...Taysom didn't have the #1s, but he was going against their #2s, and still only scored 1 TD. After Sean left him out there forever to get it.

Winston opens up Sean's playbook to the (Whole Field.) Something he hasn't had with Drew, for several years. He has made pre snap reads, moved us in and out of plays, looks the part.......................and scores TDs w/ the 1st , 2nd, and 3rd teams. Who really believes that Sean (best passing mind in football) has any taste what so ever, for limiting his playbook and setting up a running QB offense for Taysom in an obviously passing league?

Last edited:
I clearly see which way the wind is blowing. The irrational euphoria over a great quarter is the problem.

Someone posted the Nextgen stat for the first throw and they calculated a probability of 18%.

You multiply the probability of two independent events to get the overall probability. Using Nextgen data, there is less than a 4% chance any NFL QB (not just Jameis) will complete two such passes in a row.

He beat the odds. I could only find deep ball breakdowns dating to 2017 but in those three years, he was the starter for 152 quarters and threw only 8 TDs like the 2 he threw on Monday.

So 2 TDs in 1 quarter vs 8 in the 152 previous quarters. He played the lotto and won big.

In terms of predicting the 2021 season? It is obviously a positive but not as much as some here want to believe.

You're worried about the wrong probability. This game is in the books. The probability of interest to the Saints would be whether Winston, having had this game, or Hill who didn't have this type of game, has the better likelihood to repeat this type of performance.

Who do you choose?

Two Points....

1.) That sheet system was getting Brady killed until Brady forced a sheet coach to change the system mid season.

2.) Let's stay with facts to back up our arguments. The 2019 Tampa defense was ranked no where near the top 10 let alone top 3. They were 19th overall and 29th in points given up. Their downfall was giving up 28.1 points per game. It's the reason Winston was throwing the ball all over the field. They were playing from behind pretty much all season.

Facts...they win arguments, 60% of the time, all the time....(sorry just saw Anchorman).....seriously I don't get what point this poster is even trying to make. Are they so pro Taysom or anti JW that they try to tell us what we just saw was something we didn't just see? I'm at a loss here....

Facts...they win arguments, 60% of the time, all the time....(sorry just saw Anchorman).....seriously I don't get what point this poster is even trying to make. Are they so pro Taysom or anti JW that they try to tell us what we just saw was something we didn't just see? I'm at a loss here....
It's just too easy to check the google machine and make sure what you are saying is true rather than just pulling stats out of your arse to support your claim and hoping no one calls you on it. In this case, it was two blatantly false claims. I've said it before and I'll say it again, when it come to the truth, we live in different times now.

It's just too easy to check the google machine and make sure what you are saying is true rather than just pulling stats out of your arse to support your claim and hoping no one calls you on it. In this case, it was two blatantly false claims. I've said it before and I'll say it again, when it come to the truth, we live in different times now.

Yep, I totally agree....

You're worried about the wrong probability. This game is in the books. The probability of interest to the Saints would be whether Winston, having had this game, or Hill who didn't have this type of game, has the better likelihood to repeat this type of performance.

Who do you choose?
I honestly think you ask the impossible. Either one could best the other in a full season. Jameis is a pocket passer with a mental bias toward splashy plays. He actually convinced me he has not moderated despite his words.

If you are a James supporter, just be glad those passes ended the way they did. People talk about how perfect they were and I agree they were. But Jameis is famous for inconsistent accuracy. If he throws 16 such passes he isn't going to score 16 TDs. As I've pointed out, in the last three years as a starter he has scored only 8 TD on throw over 31 air yards Past the LOS. Both his passes Monday were over 31.

Some say it's enough for backs to know you can make that throw. Maybe but they and their coaches know the odds are in their favor so the advantage might be more a pro-Jameis talking point than a reality.

Apparently, if you believe the pundits we will never know how a Payton schemed Taysom would develop.

So we will never know the answer to your question.

I honestly think you ask the impossible. Either one could best the other in a full season. Jameis is a pocket passer with a mental bias toward splashy plays. He actually convinced me he has not moderated despite his words.

If you are a James supporter, just be glad those passes ended the way they did. People talk about how perfect they were and I agree they were. But Jameis is famous for inconsistent accuracy. If he throws 16 such passes he isn't going to score 16 TDs. As I've pointed out, in the last three years as a starter he has scored only 8 TD on throw over 31 air yards Past the LOS. Both his passes Monday were over 31.

Some say it's enough for backs to know you can make that throw. Maybe but they and their coaches know the odds are in their favor so the advantage might be more a pro-Jameis talking point than a reality.

Apparently, if you believe the pundits we will never know how a Payton schemed Taysom would develop.

So we will never know the answer to your question.

That's not how probability works. The question is simple to answer. Of our current WRs, who is more likely to have a 2 TD game? Calloway who has done it before recently or White or Humphrey? We can absolutely look at the probability of an outcome.

When you were asking the probability of Winston being able to do it again, you were certain of an answer, but now that I ask who has the better chance to replicate what Winston did, Winston or Hill, now you can't tell? No, you just don't like the answer.

I clearly see which way the wind is blowing. The irrational euphoria over a great quarter is the problem.

Someone posted the Nextgen stat for the first throw and they calculated a probability of 18%.

You multiply the probability of two independent events to get the overall probability. Using Nextgen data, there is less than a 4% chance any NFL QB (not just Jameis) will complete two such passes in a row.

He beat the odds. I could only find deep ball breakdowns dating to 2017 but in those three years, he was the starter for 152 quarters and threw only 8 TDs like the 2 he threw on Monday.

So 2 TDs in 1 quarter vs 8 in the 152 previous quarters. He played the lotto and won big.

In terms of predicting the 2021 season? It is obviously a positive but not as much as some here want to believe.

yea just as i thought you came from tampa, just another bucs fan over here to slander winston any chance you get.. your join date makes sense now

your entire post history since you joined SR is nothing but negative comments on winston

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom