Who would be ok with Matt Cassel as a Back Up (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Many years of starter experience.

Did his best work AS a backup.

Would fit nicely as such.

In all honesty, I just don't think Cassel was ever starter material. His best contributions to the game of football is holding the clipboard and spelling a starter during mop up duty. He is the epitome of a backup QB.

Brennan77

Bass Manager
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I think it is perfect. We need a vet who has proven he can win a few games when called upon. He doesn't need to be a hall of famer, but he can't be a rookie.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

bradman1965

Redacted
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The question between a vet and a developmental guy will be what record is acceptable if Bree's were to miss 3-4 games. Any less and it wouldn't matter, any more and it's playing for draft position. A vet is a little bit of a safety blanket, but the cost matters. Casell or a guy who was in camp like McCown both give me a shoulder shrug and there will be league minimum vets abound.

4thqtrsaint

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
As Khan from Star Trek would say, "You are in a position to demand nothing... I, on the other hand, am in a position to grant nothing."

So $1.5 mil a year. Make it so, Loomis.

OP
Reaction score
If he was worth 5 mil a year!!! They would have got at least a pick from a team for his services. He was due a fat paycheck this year and that's a big part of why he was released.

I don't think he is in a position to ask for anything but to sit behind a hall of fame QB and learn more.

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
I don't think he is in any position to command anything at this point.

:hihi:
I agree, but he still plays the all important QB position and he has played well in the past for a couple of seasons (last year in NE, 2nd year in KC).

Somebody is going to throw senseless money at him.

Bala Lowkz

Who Dat Supporter.!!
Reaction score
Id rather have Ryan Fitz
Ryan has a better chance of getting another starting job then Cassel does, so Cassel would be more realistic. I would honestly prefer Fitz, but who knows. I honestly believe Payton is already looking at some lowly rookie that will go undrafted, and will be the next Drew Brees. :ezbill:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)