Who would be ok with Matt Cassel as a Back Up (1 Viewer)

Not a chance. He will come with a multi million dollar price tag.

Many years of starter experience.

Did his best work AS a backup.

Would fit nicely as such.

In all honesty, I just don't think Cassel was ever starter material. His best contributions to the game of football is holding the clipboard and spelling a starter during mop up duty. He is the epitome of a backup QB.

will depend on the price tag but sure..i wouldn't mind kolb either

I think it is perfect. We need a vet who has proven he can win a few games when called upon. He doesn't need to be a hall of famer, but he can't be a rookie.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

cassell is garbage would much rather kolb

The question between a vet and a developmental guy will be what record is acceptable if Bree's were to miss 3-4 games. Any less and it wouldn't matter, any more and it's playing for draft position. A vet is a little bit of a safety blanket, but the cost matters. Casell or a guy who was in camp like McCown both give me a shoulder shrug and there will be league minimum vets abound.

As Khan from Star Trek would say, "You are in a position to demand nothing... I, on the other hand, am in a position to grant nothing."

So $1.5 mil a year. Make it so, Loomis.

If he was worth 5 mil a year!!! They would have got at least a pick from a team for his services. He was due a fat paycheck this year and that's a big part of why he was released.

I don't think he is in a position to ask for anything but to sit behind a hall of fame QB and learn more.

I don't think he is in any position to command anything at this point.

:hihi:

I agree, but he still plays the all important QB position and he has played well in the past for a couple of seasons (last year in NE, 2nd year in KC).

Somebody is going to throw senseless money at him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom