Who would be your pick be if the draft goes this way? (1 Viewer)

I’d have to go WR. Mims, Aiyuk, Reagor, or Higgins.

Guys we are NOT trading down. And I love that we are not. He will go get Queen if Murray goes as the OP projects.
So, to be sure, you're alright with trading up for either of these guys? Take your time. Come friday I'll be still here to comment fairly on this move.

So, to be sure, you're alright with trading up for either of these guys? Take your time. Come friday I'll be still here to comment fairly on this move.
I am a fan and have no idea... But based on history and results I am fine with SP and ML making those decisions... What I DO believe is trading up to get 1 stud is fare superior to trading down and getting two pretty darn good players. A game changer, in the opinion of SP and ML is it... We ARE in a position where a game changer can put us over the top... Two pretty players wont

Guys we are NOT trading down. And I love that we are not. He will go get Queen if Murray goes as the OP projects.

I realize that the Saints haven’t traded down in the first round in the Payton era. The question was what WE would do if the draft fell that way. I would try to trade down to acquire more picks.

But since you mentioned trading up to go get Queen, what do you think it would cost to move up for any player? Moving up to #18 or 19 would cost at least the #88 pick and probably more. Do you think the Saints would be happy with not having another pick until #130 and having just four picks at most? I see all kinds of posts on here about moving up to get different players, but have yet to see someone explain the cost it would take to move up and the logic behind the move.

So while I understand that the Saints aren’t likely to trade down at all, I fail to see the logic of any of the various proposals to move up in the first round. And that goes double for those suggesting a trade up for a quarterback.

I realize that the Saints haven’t traded down in the first round in the Payton era. The question was what WE would do if the draft fell that way. I would try to trade down to acquire more picks.

But since you mentioned trading up to go get Queen, what do you think it would cost to move up for any player? Moving up to #18 or 19 would cost at least the #88 pick and probably more. Do you think the Saints would be happy with not having another pick until #130 and having just four picks at most? I see all kinds of posts on here about moving up to get different players, but have yet to see someone explain the cost it would take to move up and the logic behind the move.

So while I understand that the Saints aren’t likely to trade down at all, I fail to see the logic of any of the various proposals to move up in the first round. And that goes double for those suggesting a trade up for a quarterback.
The trade I'm looking for, if a player they like falls into round 3, is something like our 2021 2nd for a 2020 3rd.

The trade I'm looking for, if a player they like falls into round 3, is something like our 2021 2nd for a 2020 3rd.

I prefer the trade down to acquire that pick, but I could live with it. One other possibility is a trade of a current player to get a pick in that range.

Yea I am not one of those guys who underst
ands the charts,,, I just go off of history and if Sean wants a player Mickey usually finds a way to go get him... I am just a believer that if THEY think a guy is a game changer... they would rather a game changer than a couple of pretty good players.. and I am all in on that philosophy

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom