Who would be your pick be if the draft goes this way? (1 Viewer)

Even though 1/4th of the top 23 picks will not be WRs... I would break the Video phone screaming Grant Delpit's name.

S/CB/DB Antoinne Winfield Jr. Minn
RB DAndre Swift Georgia
EDGE/DE/DL AJ Epenesa Iowa
CB Kristian Fulton LSU
WR Michael Pittman Jr USC

Now if Laviska Shenault didn’t have injury concerns as he had core muscle surgery after the combine as well as not so great interviews I would possibly take him. But I think he’s gonna drop a bit. I want a Deebo Samuel kind of tough receiver and he’s one of the toughest in the draft with a thick 227 build.

So if we could trade back to land him as well as either Kristian Fulton, Jeff Gladney, Damon Arnette, Jaylon Johnson, or Noah Igbinoghene that would be ideal.

After Ruggs and Jefferson I really don’t like another receiver at 24. I liked Jalen Reagor when I thought he would run below a 4.4. I like Brandon Aiyuk and Tee Higgins, but not at 24. I rather one of the top 5 corners and get a receiver later.

Hopefully one of the 3 LBs are available cause after the top 4 or 5 if you include Chaisson they don’t really have any immediate starters like we need IMO

Ideally you would trade down because there's a dropoff to what we have available and I'm not convinced that any of the next 10 or so guys would be much different.

I think that the following would be possibilities:
- Aiyuk WR
- Higgins WR
- Shenault WR
- Gross-Matos DE
- Epenesa DE
- McKinney S
- Diggs CB
- Gladley CB
- Terrell CB
- Fuller CB
- Swift RB
- Taylor RB
- Ruiz OG

I'd probably be rooting for either McKinney or one of the WRs.
I like a WR pick in the first round. They have the biggest chance of success in their rookie season. If they nail it on the WR, N.Os offense will be very hard to stop. CGM, Sanders, Stud Rookie W.R, TQS and Taysom would make a very formidable W.R group.

A two T.E group of Cook and Taysom will be very hard to defend. Both are very tough to defend.

Also Kamara is an excellent pass catcher. If he returns to health, it's hard to imagine any team having the personnel to contain the Saints offense. As I finish writing this Brandon Marshall says the Saints offense has been figured out. Lol, guess he is jealous cause he only got to play with mediocre QBs.

Also I think the Saints are going to try to get into the Second Round of the Draft. This is where they will probably draft a defensive player

Gladney

WR is deep enough to get a very good one in the 3rd. The drop off in CBs is steeper, and the better guys will go in round 2.

Gladney (IMHO) could end up being the best CB of this class in 2-3 years

Last edited:
To give one clear answer, AJ Epenesa is who I would pick.

AJ Epenesa would be BPA.

Xavier McKinney is a value pick.

Josh Jones & AJ Terrell would be solid picks.

If you’re wanting more pressing need, trading back wouldn’t be a bad idea.

Now if Laviska Shenault didn’t have injury concerns as he had core muscle surgery after the combine...

After Ruggs and Jefferson I really don’t like another receiver at 24. I liked Jalen Reagor when I thought he would run below a 4.4. I like Brandon Aiyuk and Tee Higgins, but not at 24. I rather one of the top 5 corners and get a receiver later.
I agree with your injury concerns about Shenault. Some of the scouting reports I've seen said he needs to learn how to not take so much abuse, that's worrisome. I also agree with not liking the other receivers at 24. I mean, they're good and I like them, but a different position may offer better value at 24. My concern with getting one later is that we don't have a 2nd rounder and the WR's we all like may be gone by our next pick at the end of the 3rd.

1. AJ Epenesa
2. DAndre Swift
3. Delpit
4. Diggs
5. Gladney

Brandon Aiyuk or D’Andre Swift.
Aiyuk bc I think he will be a stud and we sure could use him and Swift as an insurance policy in case AK41 sets himself outside of our price range. If he doesn’t, then it could be really fun to see us run a 2 RB set with those two. Time to light up the scoreboard

Brandon Aiyuk aka Reggie Wayne clone aka Mr. Separation aka Mr. Social CB distancing.

I agree with your injury concerns about Shenault. Some of the scouting reports I've seen said he needs to learn how to not take so much abuse, that's worrisome. I also agree with not liking the other receivers at 24. I mean, they're good and I like them, but a different position may offer better value at 24. My concern with getting one later is that we don't have a 2nd rounder and the WR's we all like may be gone by our next pick at the end of the 3rd.

Not me cause I think they will have receivers I like all the way in the 5th round to undrafted. I see close to 50-60 receivers I like in this draft, so that means 7 to 10 would have to go per round for all them to get drafted. I think if every team drafts a receiver they will end up with a pretty good one on their roster.

Now some I think are better than others, but we don’t need an immediate starting receiver anyway. I just want someone that can compete with Tre’Quan for the 3rd spot then possibly be ready to be the #2 once Sanders is gone. I would like them to possibly be a return man too cause we could use a decent backup with the way Harris sometimes fumbles and him being small in stature that he could susceptible to injury. They don’t have to be a return guy, but hopefully they can at least contribute on special teams.

I just think LB and corner are greater needs and not as deep a position in the draft.

1. Joe Burrow
2. Chase Young
3. Jeff Okudah
4. Jedrick Wills
5. Tua Tagovailoa
6. Justin Herbert
7. Isaiah Simmons
8. Mekhi Becton
9. Derrick Brown
10. Tristan Wirfs
11. Jerry Jeudy
12. CeeDee Lamb
13. Javon Kinlaw
14. Andrew Thomas
15. Henry Ruggs
16. CJ Henderson
17. K’Lavon Chaisson
18. Jordan Love
19. Kenneth Murray
20. Patrick Queen
21. Justin Jefferson
22. Tee Higgins
23. Zach Baun
24. ???

Don’t say those teams wouldn’t take X player cause I didn’t list the teams for a reason. This is if some trades happen.

This would be the worst case scenario for me. I would hope to trade back to try to get either a later 1st & a late 2nd, 1st & an early 3rd, 2 2nds, and maybe even an early 2nd & early 3rd. But if that can’t happen I guess I take whoever is highest on our board out of either Trevon Diggs, AJ Terrell, or Kristian Fulton. I might take Grant Delpit or Xavier McKinney if we have them higher than the corners

Fulton CB - LSU

Without even thinking twice..

LB: Kenneth Murray

.. that's my guy (we NEED him, nm silly moving up deals and all that, just get this guy, he's our next Vilma) if we don't someone else will, & hopefully it wouldn't be in the South............... period!

& to quote:

"When asked what a team gets if they select him, Murray said, “They're getting a straight dog. A killer. That's really as simple as I can put it.” While using “killer” may not be the best choice of words, it does show the physicality and mentality Murray brings to the game.

Possible Landing Spots
You don’t need to pull out your co-pay to see SI fantasy expert Dr. Roto has Murray being selected at No. 24 by New Orleans."

NW.

Last edited:
If he can effectively play right guard I will strongly consider Cesar Ruiz.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom