?

• Foster

Votes: 67 40.9%
  • Barnett

Votes: 69 42.1%
  • Thomas

Votes: 28 17.1%

• Total voters
Same as I am right now. I am also thinking that we are going to take the player that the bengals are not taking.

Their needs are similar.

Yep, agree. LoE's been predicting (for weeks) that Foster won't get past the Bengals at #9.

I have McKinley higher than the three listed. I also has Hooker higher as well. But out of the three you listed, I'd go Barnett, Foster, Thomas. But I'd have my medical team dig deep on Masons concussion history.

I have McKinley higher than the three listed. I also has Hooker higher as well. But out of the three you listed, I'd go Barnett, Foster, Thomas. But I'd have my medical team dig deep on Masons concussion history.

Have you heard the new report that McKinley will need shoulder surgery before he plays again? Think he'll test at the combine, but he's likely going to miss several of the early 2017 season.

Production can be deceiving, so I try not to get too caught up in that. But Derek Barnett was a four star recruit, has never had a season without at least ten sacks, broke Reggie White's Tennessee sack record in three years, is second only to Leonard Little in career tackles for loss, and was the first freshman to ever start on Tennessee's defensive line. And Barnett is the only player in SEC history to have double-digit sack totals three consecutive seasons. He has simply never not been good.

And its not like the Vols are loaded on defense right now. I mean, who is getting drafted from that unit this year? Barnett, Cameron Sutton, and maybe Jalen Reeves-Maybin, who was injured all year? So he essentially did most of his damage as the primary focal point of the offense to try and neutralize. I just can't imagine him not being good at the next level...

Yep! He's an every down RDE who can also rush the passer. He can step in, start, and give u 50 tackles n 10+ sacks.

He reminds me of a young Wil Smith. 6'3 268 n plays Tough and physical. But as a passrusher he's more polished. He can sink his hips comin off the edge to beat his man, can stutter step r spin to get inside, and yeah, he can bullrush too!

This year at UT, teams ran n rolled away from him, and he was often double teamed.

Yeah, The NFL is tougher. But u put DB with Cam, Nick n Sheldon, and we'll have a damned good passrush!

Last edited:
Yep! He's an every down RDE who can also rush the passer. He can step in, start, and give u 50 tackles n 10+ sacks.

He reminds me of a young Wil Smith. 6'3 268 n plays Tough and physical. But as a passrusher he's more polished. He can sink his hips comin off the edge to beat his man, can stutter step r spin to get inside, and yeah, he can bullrush too!

Will Smith was a better athlete. 6'3 275, ran a 4.6, with a 48.5" vertical.

Solomon Thomas is closer to Will Smith from an athletic standpoint.

Barnett; we must generate a pass rush. I like Foster too, but I dont know how good he'll be in a zone scheme. I didn't really see him drop into that deep middle zone.

MHO is that we ran a zone scheme mostly due to a lack of talent. We get a LB such as Foster and it changes the way you do things. DA is from the GW's coaching tree... press man and rush the passer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thomas.....this guy is just quick and powerful at the point of attack in the trenches. Thomas can be moved all over the DLine. Thomas is powerful...good gosh amighty.

Round 1...Thomas DE
Round 2...Desmond King CB
Round 3...Anthony Walker LB

Thomas.....this guy is just quick and powerful at the point of attack in the trenches. Thomas can be moved all over the DLine. Thomas is powerful...good gosh amighty.

Round 1...Thomas DE

Round 2...Desmond King CB

Round 3...Anthony Walker LB

I wonder what kind of player the staff wants to play opposite Jordan. If they want a powerful versatile guy, then Thomas is the man.

I think, with nuances, it will be the Will Smith-Charles Grant combo.

I am still wondering if they will prefer the Cam Jordan-Junior Gallete type of combo.

I think part of the decision will be made considering the linebackers we have.

I think if we don't get a LB that can cover RB and TE, we'll never have an elite passrush, no matter who lines up at that other DE spot.

boggles my mind that, the word out of training camp his rookie year, was that he was covering well, and then all of a sudden, he can't cover to save his life..

I wonder what kind of player the staff wants to play opposite Jordan.

For me, it's got to be Trey Hendrickson. His profile is a wicked fast, blur off the line, speed-to-power RDE. In his senior season alone - 50 tackles, 15 tackles for loss, 9.5 sacks (albeit against inferior competition). The guy is 6'4" 270lbs. Not exactly small.

The knock everyone has is "he's played against inferior competition". I get that, fair enough. But he's been killing it at the Shrine Game practices. Garnering praise from scouts and coaches alike.

This guy can play at the next level. He's proving it at the Shrine Game. He's a perfect fit to pair across from Cam Jordan.

5. EDGE Trey Hendrickson, Florida Atlantic

The prospect whose name I keep hearing at Shrine Game practices, Trey Hendrickson, is dominating. The 6'4", 270-pound pass-rusher also dominated this season, notching 15 tackles for a loss and 9.5 sacks. Given his power, length and production, Hendrickson will catch a lot of eyes. Where I'm most intrigued is in his ability to slide up and down the defensive line as an interior pass-rusher in a smaller front or stand up on the edge in an elephant package.

For me, it's got to be Trey Hendrickson. His profile is a wicked fast, blur off the line, speed-to-power RDE. In his senior season alone - 50 tackles, 15 tackles for loss, 9.5 sacks (albeit against inferior competition). The guy is 6'4" 270lbs. Not exactly small.

The knock everyone has is "he's played against inferior competition". I get that, fair enough. But he's been killing it at the Shrine Game practices. Garnering praise from scouts and coaches alike.

This guy can play at the next level. He's proving it at the Shrine Game. He's a perfect fit to pair across from Cam Jordan.

Round 1: Reuben Foster?
Round 2: Trey Hendrickson?

I'd be cool with it.

When in doubt go with the pass rusher(Barnett) unless they sign one in f.a. of course.

Regardless of what we do in FA, I think we either go DE-LB or LB-DE in the first two rounds. Ideal would be Barnett / Cunningham.

Not sure I trust Foster. I could have played LB behind bama's DL.

I like Thomas too He's growing on me. The more I see on him, the more I think he moves up into the top 10, maybe top 5. I think he's going to be a mean mean guy in the NFL.

If we go LB in the first, I think it would be Foster, like it or not. But that would open the door for us to try to move up again and grab Taco. I keep seeing him as a late first early second round guy, but the 4 Michigan games I watched sold me on him. He's going to be a star and I'd love to have him... I would take him at 11 or trade down and grab him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom