Question Who would you bring back for a Super Bowl run? (1 Viewer)

Saint Taysom

MultiTool Tool
Reaction score
You can pick any 2 former Saints (one on offense and one on defense) to re-join the team (in their prime) for the rest of the season and playoffs... Who would it be? Why?

Willie Roaf and Ricky Jackson. Roaf because we never know if Armstead is going to be healthy and Roaf is HOF left tackle. Roaf has very few peers, if any. Jackson because he was so good in coverage and as a pass rusher. Also a great team player and toughest guy on the field. Jackson also HOF.

Great question! The correct answers are usually Willie Roaf and Rickey Jackson. But in this season, I would have to pick Colston, Shockey or Eric Martin (in prime) because of awesome physicality as receivers. Also, Rickey Jackson - of course.

Would Mills be as effective as a MLB in a 4-3?

Love the Roaf pick... that is where I was leaning.
Colston and Joe Horn were up there too... along with Jimmy Graham. Pre-major-injury Jimmy Graham was a BEAST.

On defense, I was thinking Vilma or maybe Mike McKenzie

Would Mills be as effective as a MLB in a 4-3?

Love the Roaf pick... that is where I was leaning.
Colston and Joe Horn were up there too... along with Jimmy Graham. Pre-major-injury Jimmy Graham was a BEAST.

On defense, I was thinking Vilma or maybe Mike McKenzie

Instead of Vilma, what about 2009 Fujita? Big guy could really cover the nickel and dime passes.

Instead of Vilma, what about 2009 Fujita? Big guy could really cover the nickel and dime passes.
I remember hearing an interview with Bill Belichick after the ‘09 season, and he said something in the way of Vilma being the smartest/best defensive player he’d ever faced.

Sentimental favorites would be Craig "Ironhead" Heyward and perhaps Ricky Jackson. But our RBs are already a position of strength, and we already have enough pass-rushers who are adept at drawing the "roughing the passer" penalties. To be clear, the players aren't the problem...the game has changed. So to address positions of need, or to bolster areas of relative weakness, I'll submit Jimmy Graham and Vaughn Johnson. A big-bodied WR/TE hybrid would really lube the gears of our offensive machine. And a real snot-busting thug like Vaughn Johnson would infect the attitude of the entire defense and push them over the top.

For what I perceive as needs on this 2018 team:
Defense: torn between Jabari Greer and Sammy Knight... although leaning towards Jabari.
Offense: Wesley Walls.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom