Who would you choose in the second if available (1 Viewer)

Saints on the clock in 2nd round....

• Dan Connor (somehow he falls to us)

Votes: 17 16.3%
  • Curtis Lofton (Linebacker Stud)

Votes: 42 40.4%
  • Pat Sims (Good DE)

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Dominquie Rodgers Cromartie (won't be there, but if he was!)

Votes: 42 40.4%

• Total voters

obwhiteo

Proudly wearing my dress!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Personally i think i'd go for Lofton!!

Who do we get in the 1st? That influences my decision heavily.

McKelvin in the 1st and Lofton in the 2nd and I wouldn't care who the hell we picked the rest of the draft, but I can almost gaurantee you Lofton won't be there

connor and be ecstatic

For a while here I was the only one who picked Connor. As someone mentioned above I would be assuming CB in the first round. I am.

I was mildly surprised after I voted that Connor didn't win in a landslide. Second round? Hell yes!

ddd

I'll just say this.. there's 2 major reasons for "W"s, defense & clock control.. if you don't have either then your gonna be in trouble.. Now, with that being said, I know i'll probably catch heat for this but the Saints are going into the off-season with a LOT of questions.. most noticeably on the defensive side of the ball, BUT, i'm not 100% sold on the offensive side of the ball, namely the backfield.. Reggie is not a full-time back... & while PT did have a very solid game in Chicago, one game does not a running back make.. Steck is a vet, and a backup at best.. & last but certainly not least is our main man #26 who is now on not 1 but 2 surgically repaired wheels.. So, knowing these facts does it seem so surprising that there's a red flashing light going off in my head ?? or is it just me ?? The Saints need to secure a young RB that can handle a full game......... period! Not a collection of backups (with all due to Steck), not a possibly promising future back (sorry PT, just callin' it how it is) not a Hollywood "tweener" (see Eric Metcalf for further meaning), but rather a big solid punishing back that can move the chains, in essence, a young Deuce.. that's why my vote would be for..

Jonathan Stewart.. RB.. Oregon.. 5'11.. 230lbs.. Junior

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/players/playerpage/565654

I don't think he'll make it outside the 1st round.. but if he were to get to the 2nd i'd say that the Saints should pull the trigger and get him.. I've watched this guy for the past couple years and all he does is remind me of a young Deuce.. except (if you can believe this) possibly more punishing.. This guy drags would be tacklers around like dolls, he's got serious leg strength to either wear down the inside and more than enough burst to get to the outside, and gawd forbid if he gets into the secondary.. fuggedaboutit! I know a lot of ya won't quite agree with this pick, but if the Saints don't pick him then we should definetly pray that another NFC South team doesn't, cuz if they do and the Saints gotta play against this guy twice a year, then we're gonna have problems.. You guys down South might not know a whole lot about J. Stewart, but trust me, he's a punishing big boy with speed to burn, I know, I've been watching him up here in Oregon.. dude's a beast!!
Anyways, that's my "wishful" pick in the 2nd.

PS- If there's anyone to watch at the combine.. watch J-Stew.. he's gonna turn heads.

NWSaint.

I'll just say this.. there's 2 major reasons for "W"s, defense & clock control.. if you don't have either then your gonna be in trouble.. Now, with that being said, I know i'll probably catch heat for this but the Saints are going into the off-season with a LOT of questions.. most noticeably on the defensive side of the ball, BUT, i'm not 100% sold on the offensive side of the ball, namely the backfield.. Reggie is not a full-time back... & while PT did have a very solid game in Chicago, one game does not a running back make.. Steck is a vet, and a backup at best.. & last but certainly not least is our main man #26 who is now on not 1 but 2 surgically repaired wheels.. So, knowing these facts does it seem so surprising that there's a red flashing light going off in my head ?? or is it just me ?? The Saints need to secure a young RB that can handle a full game......... period! Not a collection of backups (with all due to Steck), not a possibly promising future back (sorry PT, just callin' it how it is) not a Hollywood "tweener" (see Eric Metcalf for further meaning), but rather a big solid punishing back that can move the chains, in essence, a young Deuce.. that's why my vote would be for..

Jonathan Stewart.. RB.. Oregon.. 5'11.. 230lbs.. Junior

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/players/playerpage/565654

I don't think he'll make it outside the 1st round.. but if he were to get to the 2nd i'd say that the Saints should pull the trigger and get him.. I've watched this guy for the past couple years and all he does is remind me of a young Deuce.. except (if you can believe this) possibly more punishing.. This guy drags would be tacklers around like dolls, he's got serious leg strength to either wear down the inside and more than enough burst to get to the outside, and gawd forbid if he gets into the secondary.. fuggedaboutit! I know a lot of ya won't quite agree with this pick, but if the Saints don't pick him then we should definetly pray that another NFC South team doesn't, cuz if they do and the Saints gotta play against this guy twice a year, then we're gonna have problems.. You guys down South might not know a whole lot about J. Stewart, but trust me, he's a punishing big boy with speed to burn, I know, I've been watching him up here in Oregon.. dude's a beast!!
Anyways, that's my "wishful" pick in the 2nd.

PS- If there's anyone to watch at the combine.. watch J-Stew.. he's gonna turn heads.

NWSaint.

I like Stewart a lot too, NWSaint, but I seriously doubt he makes it to us in the 2nd round. Plus, I'm hoping that we get two defensive starters from the first two rounds of the draft.

McKelvin in the 1st and Lofton in the 2nd and I wouldn't care who the hell we picked the rest of the draft, but I can almost gaurantee you Lofton won't be there

Totally agree. I would love it if it played out this way.

Well, unfortunately we won't have all those options (if any). But after watching the senior bowl I'd go gaga for DRC. Conner would be a close second.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom