Who would you pick at #10 if we acquired these FA's (1 Viewer)

Taleb would be great in a cover 2 system. If he is on an Island (like our CB's are) he doesn't have the stellar speed to be a lock up guy.

This play, he looks like Fred Thomas. On a simple route he just got burned for being slow.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ek0ANQ8bRfo&rel=1&border=0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ek0ANQ8bRfo&rel=1&border=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent"width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I would also need to know who is left on the board at #10 to make a better decision.

Even with those names, I'd still draft either Dorsey or Ellis first, Rivers as a second choice.

Zach Thomas would be another Mark Simoneau for us at this point in his career, unless you have a defensive line that can keep blockers off of him.

If we took Ellis, then I'd look hard at middle linebacker in the 2nd.

Taleb would be great in a cover 2 system. If he is on an Island (like our CB's are) he doesn't have the stellar speed to be a lock up guy.

This play, he looks like Fred Thomas. On a simple route he just got burned for being slow.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ek0ANQ8bRfo&rel=1&border=0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ek0ANQ8bRfo&rel=1&border=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent"width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

pass on talib please

One on one against a speed receiver Qb had some time to throw and no safety help over the top. It was bad Coverage but it was a bad play. He had some bad Games Jordy Nelson was one of them and that play counted for most of Jordy Nelsons stats as well.

Its not like Talib gets burnt on a regular, he had a few bad games and that can happen to CB's and it showed. he also usually had no over the top Help and was out on a island so the few plays he did get burned on if he missed it there wasn;t anyone to make it after him. Thats not gonna happen as a Saint and him being a rookie. He will have help over the top and will let up less big plays and be able to grow into the position.

Yeah he is raw, he is a Jr. If he stayed he would get better in coverage no doubt and be hands down the best corner next year. But he didn't so he will have some knocks on him entering the draft. But he has everything you want in a corner.

He has great speed, I say he runs at the combine in the 4.3's He has good Size at 6'2" 210lbs. Great hands, I have heard many scouts say if he was a full time receiver he would be a first round prospect there as well. I mean his receiver stats there aren't many but they are down right rediculous. Something like 8 catches 200 plus yds 6 tds. If they needed a score late in a game he would come in and they would throw to him and he would get the score. Just a playmaker, all I can say. His career at CB has been good and steady at Kansas he is not a one year wonder. He played in almost 40 games at Kansas and people knock him for the same 3 games over and over Jordy Nelson and who are the other 2 (someone will post them)

Everyone is gonna have knocks and everyone has bad games, but he has all the things you need to build upon and has showed improvement every year. He has had ALOT more good games than bad games and is a solid player to get in here and try and develope. They are all gonna have some growing pains don't kid yourself about that. One clip from youtube dosen;t cahnge that, go get his orage bowl clip from this year for us.

CB's and RB's are two positions I would not draft high because you are relying too much on other positions to help said player out. If the DL can't get to the QB, the CB will get eaten up every time, just as a RB needs the OL to make holes for him.

IMO, In round 1 I'd go OL, DL, LB or QB, which we obviously don't need. .

OL- Clady or Long
DL- Ellis, Dorsey or Gholston
LB- Connor or Lofton

One of these guys would be my pick.

I've been saying this for a while now, but I'll say it again... Aqib Talib is the best CB in this draft.. and he was still at the top IMO before Malcolm Jenkins decided to stay at Ohio St.

Talib would be the only CB in this draft I would not be disappointed if we grabbed at #10.

...Back to the OP... If we signed those FAs, we'd still have holes to fill at MLB and WLB. I'd be hoping for Keith Rivers or one of the big 2 DTs to be there.

I've been saying this for a while now, but I'll say it again... Aqib Talib is the best CB in this draft.. and he was still at the top IMO before Malcolm Jenkins decided to stay at Ohio St.

Talib would be the only CB in this draft I would not be disappointed if we grabbed at #10.

...Back to the OP... If we signed those FAs, we'd still have holes to fill at MLB and WLB. I'd be hoping for Keith Rivers or one of the big 2 DTs to be there.
->>>>>>>>>>>

i dont want a slow cb who could get burned with no saftey help, because if bullocks is still starting, then thats exactly what will happen

Depending on who's available, at #10, I would take:
1 - Ellis (he is unlikely to be there and I'm not even listing Dorsey as possible)
2 - Rivers (I believe the hole at WLB would be the biggest in your scenario)
3 - Jenkins
4 - McKelvin

The last two are almost interchangeable in my mind, and the gap between my second choice and the third/fourth is huge. Even with your FA scenario, I really want to see the Saints get one of the first two. If they get Ellis or a cornerback in round one, then I want to see that WLB addressed in round two: either Xavier Adibi or Ali Highsmith. Either one would leave a big smile on my face in that scenario.

Here's hoping things work out at least that well...

I would probably take the South Florida corner...he's got man cover potential

->>>>>>>>>>>

i dont want a slow cb who could get burned with no saftey help, because if bullocks is still starting, then thats exactly what will happen

Yeah no one bit,. and If I olny knew how to link you tube like ya'll You would see Jordy Nelson catching one pass against Talib.... and you would see posted from me Talib WINNING THE ORANGE BOWL, Talib breaking the record for longest INT returned for a TD 102 yds, you see a 6'2 monster that played in over 35 games at Kansas wrecking ball carriers... But I am not computer inclined and you will see the same Jordy Nelson who caught 86 yds over Talib (65 on one play) and think he is trash. Its too bad, if only the links worked both ways... if your gonna trash him with the one jordy nelson clip at least be fair and post the others on youtube (and he has playes 30 plus games) why not at least link us the orange bowl pick, and the 102 yard int, or him at receiver diving from the 5 yd line and getting in the endzone trying to make a play... nay that dosen;t support my point and thus will never be shown, if your going to youtube stuff do it all, not just the stuff that supports your cause (and yes I went to youtube and i saw the Jordy Nelson clip and 10 other Talib did something awesome in, someone help me, I don't know how to link them)

well good thing I know what I am looking at, and he is as solid a defender as any to build upon and develope. I only hope 10 is high enough to get Talib, and I really mean that I can see him going eariler, maybe even to that pats at 7.

I have a feeling that Kenny Phillips will run a 4.3 at the combine.

No joke i really think Kenny will make a name for himself next monday (I think that when DB's take drills) I think he is pretty special as is...I don;t compare him and say the next Ed Reed or Sean Taylor I like to think of him as the first Kenny Philips. I think he is gonna perform through the roof. Great Talent that kid is!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom